Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still not convinced this is the best option for Pep but even on last night's showing, City need another goalscorer. Scintillating buildup play won't matter too much if there aren't goals and last season showed it can cost you many points & trophies

Footballers gladly sign these long contracts in exchange for huge amounts of money. Nobody is forcing them to. I agree it's kind of silly forcing someone to stay somewhere they no longer want to be but bringing human rights and slavery into the argument is hysterical language.

Sanchez has agreed to work for Arsenal under a contracted period. If he doesn't want to fulfil that contract then he is free to buy himself out of it just the same as anyone working in the real world would be. He doesn't want to do that though as I expect he'd rather not lose all that money and it appears as though clubs have agreed not to be complicit in signing footballers who have gone about things that way. So instead, he wants Arsenal to be accommodating in allowing him to leave a year early for a rival. It's not in Arsenal's interest to do that so instead we're left with a tiresome game of brinkmanship unfolding. Sanchez is not being held against his will or used as slave, he is trying to have his cake and eat it (and why wouldn't be given this is a long established pattern we've seen from players before).

Generally, with a year to go on a footballer's contract, the club will offer an extension or will try and sell that player. If the player does not want to sign, It's up to him and if a club does not want the player to extend, It's up to the club.
Sanchez has decided he does not want to extend, so the Arse have to decide if they should keep him for the final year. It is a normal situation in football and nobody is at fault, or being dishonest. The Arse have taken exception to it because Sanchez wants us.
Sanchez is being upfront. Compare him to our own James Milner who was quite the opposite.
I see only one reasonable way out for Arsenal, sell to us then buy big to try to placate their fans.

Does it really matter if he put in a transfer request !
Nope, Arsenal can just reject it. They won't accept it as that would affect his value significantly. Plus he would obviously lose all his loyalty bonuses.

Transfer requests are a bit of a relic now, they very rarely happen, player show their discontent in other ways, like dragging their feet in training, not giving 100 percent in matches or posting fake illnesses on social media, that kind of thing.

In the main, transfer requests are used by good lower league players who are not on great money and want a move up the leagues.

I dont think the loyalty bonus is an issue, on one hand people are saying Sanchez wants to take less wages at city, on the other hand he doesnt want to lose a couple of million bonus (far less than his arsenal wage offer). The whole thing is full of contradiction and journalists trying to appear as having exclusive news.
Sanchez comments this summer have been as good as a transfer request, actually putting one in makes very little difference at this stage.
I actually dont think we ll see him, I expected Wenger to have relented with his stance by now, as he usually does, but he seems to be getting more adamant every day.

I dont think the loyalty bonus is an issue, on one hand people are saying Sanchez wants to take less wages at city, on the other hand he doesnt want to lose a couple of million bonus (far less than his arsenal wage offer). The whole thing is full of contradiction and journalists trying to appear as having exclusive news.
Sanchez comments this summer have been as good as a transfer request, actually putting one in makes very little difference at this stage.
I actually dont think we ll see him, I expected Wenger to have relented with his stance by now, as he usually does, but he seems to be getting more adamant every day.

Denial mate like most of your fans! Trying not to be rude though but it's laughable that some arsenal fans genuinely think Alexis is sick! lol I wonder if this deal is really close and another 2-3 days will see it done so he doesn't have to go back into arsenal training.

He wants to play for a better team, he wants to be winning major trophies and he wants to play for Pep. Time to wake up and smell the coffee....

Denial mate like most of your fans! Trying not to be rude though but it's laughable that some arsenal fans genuinely think Alexis is sick! lol I wonder if this deal is really close and another 2-3 days will see it done so he doesn't have to go back into arsenal training.

The deal has been 3 days from being done for 3 months, our first league game is in 12 days. If we want to sell him and just putting up a front, then it should have been done before his holiday ends.

He wants to play for a better team, he wants to be winning major trophies and he wants to play for Pep. Time to wake up and smell the coffee....

Hes free to leave next summer, and play for who he wants.
There is no stipulation in his contract saying that he can walk out if pep wants him.

Hes free to leave next summer, and play for who he wants.
There is no stipulation in his contract saying that he can walk out if pep wants him.
I think Guardiola was making a point to Wenger last week when he talked about Kolarov.
Saying he didn't like to work with players who didn't want to be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.