Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes free to leave next summer, and play for who he wants.
There is no stipulation in his contract saying that he can walk out if pep wants him.
Then I predict this situation will not end well for Arsenal fans with a former hero forced to make this deal happen, his current illness being stage 1

Hes free to leave next summer, and play for who he wants.
There is no stipulation in his contract saying that he can walk out if pep wants him.

He said he wanted to play CL football, he clearly does not want to extend his contract and there are teams interested in signing him.
It's up to Wenger now to decide if they want to keep a player that doesn't want to be there or take the money and move on.
It's in Arsenal best interest to get this sorted out soon to try to get a replacement, if this takes longer then we should start looking at other options.

Then I predict this situation will not end well for Arsenal fans with a former hero forced to make this deal happen, his current illness being stage 1

I think he will need to go on strike or the fans will blame the manager/club for lacking ambition again. If he doesnt go back to training, then I could see something happening.

He said he wanted to play CL football, he clearly does not want to extend his contract and there are teams interested in signing him.
It's up to Wenger now to decide if they want to keep a player that doesn't want to be there or take the money and move on.
It's in Arsenal best interest to get this sorted out soon to try to get a replacement, if this takes longer then we should start looking at other options.

Wenger has repeatedly said that hes made up his mind and expects Sanchez to honour the last year of his contract, he gets asked about it every press conference.
By now id have expected him to say "ill never keep an unhappy player", but he seems unrelenting, I dont know where this is heading, the season is about to start.

I think he will need to go on strike or the fans will blame the manager/club for lacking ambition again. If he doesnt go back to training, then I could see something happening.

I think the strike has started mate. You think he genuinely is sick?

I dont think the loyalty bonus is an issue, on one hand people are saying Sanchez wants to take less wages at city, on the other hand he doesnt want to lose a couple of million bonus (far less than his arsenal wage offer). The whole thing is full of contradiction and journalists trying to appear as having exclusive news.
Sanchez comments this summer have been as good as a transfer request, actually putting one in makes very little difference at this stage.
I actually dont think we ll see him, I expected Wenger to have relented with his stance by now, as he usually does, but he seems to be getting more adamant every day.
Plenty of people have been spouting that they know what's going on with Sanchez, but it comes down to Wenger and the Board. Maybe they'll just make him stay and see out his last season? It'd make a change to see a club telling a player to fuck off with the attitude and stay. Two problems would be whether the player would put in 100%, can't see Sanchez not doing that, and the other is whether the club will turn down £50m. I think this is what it all comes down to. Maybe this will be the one time when money isn't a consideration...???

Wenger has repeatedly said that hes made up his mind and expects Sanchez to honour the last year of his contract, he gets asked about it every press conference.
By now id have expected him to say "ill never keep an unhappy player", but he seems unrelenting, I dont know where this is heading, the season is about to start.

Honestly mate you cannot trust Wenger, he said the same about other players and they were sold anyway I'd be surprised if they do not take the money but we have to wait and see.

Do you think Wenger might have lost the plot a bit? His contract carrying on last year was rather strange and self-obsessed don't you think, and was definitely not in arsenals best interests, so you may well be right

Footballers gladly sign these long contracts in exchange for huge amounts of money. Nobody is forcing them to. I agree it's kind of silly forcing someone to stay somewhere they no longer want to be but bringing human rights and slavery into the argument is hysterical language.

Sanchez has agreed to work for Arsenal under a contracted period. If he doesn't want to fulfil that contract then he is free to buy himself out of it just the same as anyone working in the real world would be. He doesn't want to do that though as I expect he'd rather not lose all that money and it appears as though clubs have agreed not to be complicit in signing footballers who have gone about things that way. So instead, he wants Arsenal to be accommodating in allowing him to leave a year early for a rival. It's not in Arsenal's interest to do that so instead we're left with a tiresome game of brinkmanship unfolding. Sanchez is not being held against his will or used as slave, he is trying to have his cake and eat it (and why wouldn't be given this is a long established pattern we've seen from players before).
Great post mate and common sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.