Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he does ask for a transfer – then Arsenal should let him go... not doing so is like seeing some bloke who's missus has told him she's fucking off, but they beg her to stay - embarrassing themselves in the process.
You're saying that only because you want him. Did you think it was embarrassing when Liverpool didn't let Suarez come to us? I didn't. They're holding a player to their contract. Just like other employers do.

I wish some of you, not all, would stop wanting Sanchez to play it dirty to force a move. It's not really on. If Sanchez asks for a transfer and Wenger refuses, that's it, there should be no more. You'll just have to move on.

I really can't see Sanchez downing tools the way some of you want him to. I really want Lemar and he wants us, but I'd be disgusted if he started to act like that towards Monaco.

We don't care we have no morals. Hurry up and sell him to us.

You're saying that only because you want him. Did you think it was embarrassing when Liverpool didn't let Suarez come to us?

No they are like spoilt brats. Poor coutino will face it next. Never buy a player from Liverpool.

If he does ask for a transfer – then Arsenal should let him go... not doing so is like seeing some bloke who's missus has told him she's fucking off, but they beg her to stay - embarrassing themselves in the process.

Not really. They're under no obligation to cater to Sanchez's needs and wants. They'll do what they deem is best for them and Sanchez will have to deal with it. The only thing that will happen from Arsenal refusing to let him go is maybe other players looking to use Arsenal as a stepping stone might think twice about going there in the future knowing it's difficult to move on when you outgrow them. Or players simply won't sign a lengthy contract

I wish some of you, not all, would stop wanting Sanchez to play it dirty to force a move. It's not really on. If Sanchez asks for a transfer and Wenger refuses, that's it, there should be no more. You'll just have to move on.

I really can't see Sanchez downing tools the way some of you want him to. I really want Lemar and he wants us, but I'd be disgusted if he started to act like that towards Monaco.

I hear you and agree, I wouldn't like to see that. That said, there's the world as it should be and the world as it is. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he played up. We live in a world where William Gallas threatened to score an own goal if Chelsea didn't let him move to Arsenal.

It's inconsequential what gets said on here

Lemar seems to have become a fixation with Arsenal fans. Is he that good? I can understand some City fans interest in Sanchez after all he has been one of the best players in the Premier league for some time, and a player we spent one Summer chasing (when he went to barcelona from Udinese) but Lemar? He's probably a very good player, but I don't recall him from the Monaco tie City played with them. The standout players I remember were Falcao for a fabulous goal, Mbappe, Silva, and Mendy. If you were to go back t the aftermath of that game, you will find that a lot of City fans were genuinely wowed by Monaco's performance at City, particularly the individual performances of Bernardo Silva and Mbappe. It is so impressive that City went straight out in the Summer and bought Bernado Silva. I know it's easy with a cheque book, but so many times I have seen some young players have an incredible game against City, and seen some other club buy them. It's an indication to me, that City are a really well run outfit. Other fans think it's all money, and mercenaries. And of course the money is a huge part of it. But we also do a lot of things right football wise. (And some things wrong as well!).

I must be missing something, but I don't see how Premiership clubs are allowing one of the best players in our league to escape their grasp in Riyadh Mahrez. Wasn't he Player of the Year 2 seasons ago? I thought he was nailed on to go to Arsenal, as he nearly joined you last season.

You're saying that only because you want him. Did you think it was embarrassing when Liverpool didn't let Suarez come to us? I didn't. They're holding a player to their contract. Just like other employers do.

Arsenal only have themselves to blame in all this, time and time again you let players enter into the last year of contracts and hand the advantage to the player. The whole footballing world can see what a class act Sanchez is so why didn't Arsenal get a commitment out of him 12 months ago? Sanchez has openly looked thoroughly pissed off for the past twelve months-he can see clearly that Arsenal wont win the league or CL anytime soon , if he wants to agitate for a move can anybody really blame him with that stubborn twat of a manager you have? This is his last chance to actually put some serious silverware on his sideboard and the top top players just don't let that chance pass them by.

Arsenals biggest mistake was giving Wenger a new contract and sadly it will bite them on the arse big time, if Wenger had left and a new manager brought in then Sanchez leaving would have been a far easier pill to swallow for the fans,new broom and all that.

Agree with the gist of your post re Sanchez. I don't want him going on strike or whatever to force the move. If it happens, it happens and if it doesn't then so be it. I do believe, however, that as much as Arsenal don't want to sell him to us, they will still have a figure in mind that they may be persuaded to sell him. Which brings me on to Suarez. I think if Arsenal had upped their infamous £40,000,001 bid then you might well have got him. If you remember, he was damaged goods at the time and was serving a long ban for biting Ivanovic, and i reckon if you'd gone to £50-£55 million you might have got him. He was making noises around the time of the Arsenal bid about possibly joining another PL team that was in the CL and I think he was alluding to Arsenal.

Does Wenger realise that by his actions we won't be needing any more of his players because he won't be attracting anyone else worth nabbing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.