Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason Sanchez stays at Afc for 1 more season is -- Money.....he can make more if he goes on free next summer

The only reason he stays is because he's under contract.
Obviously it's not a disastrous situation in that next summer he can get untold riches.

The only reason he stays is because he's under contract.
Obviously it's not a disastrous situation in that next summer he can get untold riches.

Untold riches next summer...is probably how Wenger is selling it to Sanchez and his agent

Let's see how that works out

Sanchez can't buy himself out of his contract, there are rules against it.
He would have had to hand in his notice within two weeks of the end of the season. His buy out fee is not the wages he stands to earn , it's a fee agreed through a tribunal based on his market value and the length of his remaining contract.
Therefore , Sanchez would have to pay around 50m to buy himself out, and even then, he'd be banned from football for 6 months because he didn't do it within the agreed window of two weeks after the season ending.
I don't see him going anywhere, been saying that for weeks and it's playing out exactly how I thought it would, to everyone's great amazement and pity at my outrageous claims.
Just because Sanchez is at training does not mean he's going to be there on Sep 1st. I don't think we've learned anything today. We wait now to see if Sanchez submits a transfer request, if not my guess is Arsenal will keep him. If he does, then he will very likely be sold. If there's no news out of Arsenal/Sanchez camp by the end of the week, then you might be justified in your confidence.

Untold riches next summer...is probably how Wenger is selling it to Sanchez and his agent

Let's see how that works out

Nothing to sell to Sanchez, him staying and leaving on a free is the worst possible scenario for Arsenal.

He will either sign a new contract or they will sell him.

Nothing to sell to Sanchez, him staying and leaving on a free is the worst possible scenario for Arsenal.

He will either sign a new contract or they will sell him.

I agree...i was just making the point to awayday it's going to be difficult to convince Sanchez to stay at Afc for football reasons

I agree...i was just making the point to awayday it's going to be difficult to convince Sanchez to stay at Afc for football reasons

I see personally think we'll get him. I keep seeing lines like Arsenal may gamble and keep him, haha we are talking about the most risk averse club in England. Don't see him signing a new deal and throwing his career away just for money (only reason to stay). So I believe we'll get him, it's just a matter of when.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.