Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not trying to be clever. I think Liverpool, Utd, & Chelsea will feel they have strengthened. I think you have done the best business. You guys are quite rightly confident, but I think the others will be as well. So let's see how it plays out. I'm excited as a football fan. I also think we might start to see some improved performances in the Champions League again over the next couple of years by English clubs, I feel the Real, Bayern, Barca cycle is vulnerable the next couple of years.

No problem. Didn't mean to come across as bolshy. Just thought that your original post made a point about us that could be
said for all other teams and it wasn't phrased that way or didn't come across that way.

Im not trying to be clever. I think Liverpool, Utd, & Chelsea will feel they have strengthened. I think you have done the best business. You guys are quite rightly confident, but I think the others will be as well. So let's see how it plays out. I'm excited as a football fan. I also think we might start to see some improved performances in the Champions League again over the next couple of years by English clubs, I feel the Real, Bayern, Barca cycle is vulnerable the next couple of years.
Liverpool have only made one significant signing unless Solanke and Robertson turn out to be lot better than expected. Probably only a matter of time until they do strengthen though.

We don't know what Sanchez wants to do other than he does not want to extend his contract. He may well want to leave on a free. I think he probably wants City, but whether he's prepared to push hard for it, we'll have to wait and see. We should be able to read his intentions by the end of the week.

I don't think Pep and Txiki would have waited this long unless they were convinced he would go to those lengths for them. They could have been fooled of course; look what happened with Alves, and it's not like he'd be the first player to use City as a bargaining chip. Still, I'd be surprised if this was the end of it.

I don't think Pep and Txiki would have waited this long unless they were convinced he would go to those lengths for them. They could have been fooled of course; look what happened with Alves, and it's not like he'd be the first player to use City as a bargaining chip. Still, I'd be surprised if this was the end of it.
That assumes we want a striker. I know the whisper is that if Sanchez does not come we'll move for another striker but I'm not sure about that. We have let kelechi go. he would have been ideal. And I don't see City buying an experienced striker to rival Jesus / Aguero

That assumes we want a striker. I know the whisper is that if Sanchez does not come we'll move for another striker but I'm not sure about that. We have let kelechi go. he would have been ideal. And I don't see City buying an experienced striker to rival Jesus / Aguero
Must admit I don't really see Sanchez as a striker in the Aguero / Jesus mould he plays a bit wider. I think another forward rather than a striker is what is being discussed
The pre-season has been interesting if the 5-3-2 is going to be used more often than the 4-3-3 I think we need two more defenders rather than one and another forward becomes less important. With a 4-3-3 the extra forward is needed in my view.

I'd be surprised given how much Pep has said we need to take our chances and the space for one more foreign player in the squad.

Good point on Kelechi though. Could easily be wishful thinking about Sanchez. God knows I've done it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.