Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal at this present moment seem to be the only club to think its a good idea to keep a player who wants to leave.

Not sure about that, already this summer it looks like RB Leipzig are keeping Keita, Southampton are still hoping to keep VVD, Mahrez won't leave Leicester unless they get an offer that is deemed suitable, same with Perisic for Inter,doubt Coutinho will get to leave Liverpool.... That's just names off the top of my head.

Last edited:
You never know what's going to happen over a season. It's a gamble, but one Arsenal obviously think it's worth taking.
Yeah it's all a gamble but going into a season with 8 first team players out of contract in 12 months is a unsettled side to say the least and compound that with Europa league, when was the last time a team went deep in Europa and did well in their domestic league, Ajax even ended up not winning their domestic league cause of their run, but you're gonna realistically go into that situation thinking you're gonna challenge for the league (which winning the PL would be the only thing that could maybe keep Alexis), sounds unrealistic to me but heah, what do I know...

You never know what's going to happen over a season. It's a gamble, but one Arsenal obviously think it's worth taking.

How so? Alexis is not going to win them the EPL title on his own. He's a bloody good player, but he's not God. At best, he helps them get back into top four. And that's just back to square one, as far as the Arse are concerned. They've been there, and done that. Many times.
No, it's nuts for them to turn down the money and not use it to go into the market to get a good striker and maybe another player while they've still got time. Basically, this is a problem of image — the image of Arsenal selling their best player to a direct rival (with the attendant flak from their fanbase) which would seem to signal their acceptance of being a top four club at best. It"s a difficult one for them, I admit it.

That's been proven a fallacy, just ask Paul Pogba. (Well he was perceived as a star when he was signed!) If you offer the right cash and a vision to go with it, top players would sign.

Paul Pogba is a really bad example, for many reasons.

Not sure about that, ready this season it looks like RB Leipzig are keeping Keita, Southampton are still hoping to keep VvD, Mahrez won'teace Leicester unless they get an offer that is deemed suitable, same with Perisic for Inter. That's just names off the top of my head.

Aren't the contractual situtions different with those players?

I may be wrong but I dont recall any saying he would replace Aguero
May have got the wrong end of the stick but @Dobsy seemed to say he d be a third striker.

Has pep always had a third striker in his squads? You look at the great Barcelona teams and he relied on eto'o followed by Villa.

He seems to value midfielders far higher.

Then suggest Aguero could make room
Two of those being more hybrid players at the time. I don't doubt he wants him I'm just wondering about this aguero rumour. He's not shy of selling great players.

I wouldnt call Sanchez a striker, and dont think he would be competing for a place with Aguero.

So. If we make a bid as you suggest and LeArse come back and say he is not for sale, what would you do next?
No I mean why is there so many thousands of pages on a player if we haven't even put a bid in? And without reading through it all has anyone at the club said we are interested?

Not sure about that, already this summer it looks like RB Leipzig are keeping Keita, Southampton are still hoping to keep VVD, Mahrez won't leave Leicester unless they get an offer that is deemed suitable, same with Perisic for Inter,doubt Coutinho will get to leave Liverpool.... That's just names off the top of my head.

Still early days in all these cases

Arsenal's stance is perfectly understandable. It only becomes untenable if Sanchez makes it very clear that he wants to go. So far it doesn't seem he has done that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.