Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have any insights nobody else on this forum has? If not I don't understand how you can make a definite statement like that. Personally I have no idea or information about City's budget and how close we are to having problems with FFP, and for that reason I do not make such definite statements. A bit WUM-like to be honest. What's the point?
It's not "WUM-like" it's a personal belief. FFP still exists. I don't believe we can balance our books replacing half our team, plus close to world record fees for Mbappe and wages that are apparently putting off RM and Barca and offer Arsenal a fee they can't refuse and Sanchez wages PSG and Bayern can't afford. We can't have it all but that's just my opinion.

It's not "WUM-like" it's a personal belief. FFP still exists. I don't believe we can balance our books replacing half our team, plus close to world record fees for Mbappe and wages that are apparently putting off RM and Barca and offer Arsenal a fee they can't refuse and Sanchez wages PSG and Bayern can't afford. We can't have it all but that's just my opinion.
Ok fair enough mate.

Understand that Sanchez priced himself out of moves to both PSG and Bayern because he wants to work with Pep again, City will have an agreement in place regarding wages but it wont be anywhere near he wants from those two.

Mbappe is in my mind a step too far for this year.

in 2012 we started with Aguero Tevez ballotelli and Dzeko and Samir certainly contributed that year. My point being as we stand at present ,we might have gone along way in correcting the most obvious weakness we had ,but compared to the quartet mentioned and the chances that went begging last season we start with just two natural goal scorers now Kelchi has gone so another striker is imperative unless the intent is to share the goals around

We aren't going to pay Sanchez "wages PSG and Bayern can't afford".

The whole point, if you believe it, is he demanded obscene wages from them to tank their transfer approaches, or do you actually think he expected Bayern to pay him £175,000 per week more than their current highest paid players?

Surely no one actually believes we'd consider paying him the £375k/week he allegedly demanded from them either? That's 3x De Bruyne's salary, double Aguero's.

All summer, journalists close to the club and ITK's have been very insistent the target is/was Sanchez + Mbappé. I'm going to assume that the club knows how much they can spend within FFP and hasn't spent all summer chasing deals which would cause us to fail it, and I can't see any reason for anyone else to think otherwise.

The whole point, if you believe it, is he demanded obscene wages from them to tank their transfer approaches, or do you actually think he expected Bayern to pay him £175,000 per week more than their current highest paid players?

Surely no one actually believes we'd consider paying him the £375k/week he allegedly demanded from them either? That's 3x De Bruyne's salary, double Aguero's.

All summer, journalists close to the club and ITK's have been very insistent the target is/was Sanchez + Mbappé. I'm going to assume that the club knows how much they can spend within FFP and hasn't spent all summer chasing deals which would cause us to fail it, and I can't see any reason for anyone else to think otherwise.

It's just my opinion, but irrespective of the itks plus media reports, I have never thought there is a cat in hell's chance we would sign both Mbappe & Sanchez, even if the clubs were willing to sell & both players were begging us to sign them.

At least not for this season.

I can imagine us agreeing to sign both next season, or Sanchez now Mbappe next season. I'm not convinced we could afford Mbappe now tbh.

Edit: but we won't pay Sanchez stupid wages if he does sign, no chance.

It is him wanting to come to city so as far as wages are concerned I expect him to fit in with our wage structure if there is such a thing.

Agree with this Dom, certainly we as a Club probably know more about FFP than most so falling foul of it is not anything we would deliberately do unless the prize was worth any fine etc..

I think though that perhaps some sort of deal perhaps not involving City this window may have been agreed re Mb.
Perhaps an IOU in the Monaco petty cash redeemable some time in the future has been signed by our owner.

All summer, journalists close to the club and ITK's have been very insistent the target is/was Sanchez + Mbappé. I'm going to assume that the club knows how much they can spend within FFP and hasn't spent all summer chasing deals which would cause us to fail it.
I understand the subtleties of Sanchez pricing himself out of move to Bayern and PSG, where he didn't want to play, with excessive wage demands.

I accept in principle we have agreed a deal that Sanchez is happy with.

Unfortunately the transfer market has super inflated over the summer. Previously we might have hoped to buy both Sanchez and Mbappe this summer, (and maybe look to balance the books by selling Sergio?). Personally I don't think we will now be able to achieve that and stay within FFP.

The club have already been punished, (maybe unfairly?), for failing to stay within FFP and the other big European clubs would love us to be under threat of further sanctions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.