Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big talk on talkshite saying we are keen on a swap deal with Aguero going to arsenal, hooe this is not the case and would rather have "no deal rhan a bad deal" to coin a phrase, hope its something they have pulled out of the air as they often do to create polls, phone in's and controversy
Utter nonsense. Their analysis on football is superficial and ratings driven. I would rely to them for anything accurate.

Utter nonsense. Their analysis on football is superficial and ratings driven. I would rely to them for anything accurate.

Agreed why would we strengthen and weaken ourselves at the same time. As the punter Mike said (not me) we are in the driving seat with this we don't have to sell Aguero and he doesn't want to go. On the other hand Sanchez does want to go and allegedly he wants to come to us. Personally if we don't sign Mbappe then I would sooner sit this one out unless Arsenal are prepared to settle on a reasonable price which will probably mean waiting until January. The only logic for this Sanchez deal is cover for Aguero when he is injured now that Ineachio has gone

I can't see us offering higher than £60m for Sanchez. Whether that is enough to persuade Arsenal to sell remains to be seen.
I think you're in the right ball park with £60m now, probably £50m until Neymar's sale. Unfortunately we can't control what goes on in the rest of the market but it's still the right tactics to hold off with the bid yet given his contract situation - start the bidding process too soon and it looks like Arsenal have us over a barrel and we're desperate rather than vice versa.

I can't see us offering higher than £60m for Sanchez. Whether that is enough to persuade Arsenal to sell remains to be seen.
I agree that's a very generous offer.

However I think Wenger will be resistant in the extreme, not to sell to us.

IMO we need a combination of factors:
1. Sanchez to make it clear he only wants to stay in the UK/PL, (a transfer request would be helpful)
2. a genuine likelihood that if he is not sold this season it is likely to significantly effect his game and the team, (maybe he's getting depressed?)
Plus 3. the transfer fee to be too generous for Arsenal to refuse. (Even higher than£60m?).

I can't see any circumstances where we could get both Sanchez and Mbappe this window with FFP.

I can't see any circumstances where we could get both Sanchez and Mbappe this window with FFP.
Do you have any insights nobody else on this forum has? If not I don't understand how you can make a definite statement like that. Personally I have no idea or information about City's budget and how close we are to having problems with FFP, and for that reason I do not make such definite statements. A bit WUM-like to be honest. What's the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.