Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanchez is refusing to play for them and doing a Costa and that is our bid to take him off there hands (will probably involve a loan fee)
Ahh, just echoing the other reports I have been reading (and that Sammy Goal is now reporting).

Sanchez is refusing to play for them and doing a Costa and that is our bid to take him off there hands (will probably involve a loan fee)
Don't think its going to come to that point where he won't train or play for them, feel like its all just far fetched.

As I've said before; Arsenal are penny-pinchers and just generally, well, arses.

They will have told us to not make public bids to increase their negotiating ability wwhen sourcing a replacment. If we go public then immediately who they're trying to sign's price sky-rockets.
We, as much as everyone likes to say we aren't, are good guys. We try to be magnanimous in our dealings so we agreed. Sure this is an assumption but it makes sense all things considered. They knew we were interested, we'd agreed everything with the players so it's fairly safe to assume arsenal knew the plan and asked us to keep in internal till they could source a replacement.

Now we could sit here and all argue that city shouldn't have listened and have been colder just to get the job done, but unfortunately this is never how business deals are done and it's better in the long run not to burn bridges, so personally I genuinely believe city should shoulder no blame.

Arsenal on the other hand, F****** hell, where to start?
failure to source a replacement - And even if they didn't intend to sell, it's honestly abhorrent to not have something bubbling away in the background just in case.
They spent so much time posturing and telling the world how they wouldn't sell to big bad city despite literally everyone knowing they will in the end.
Stringing City on when they knew full well the above, right to the last hour of the last day is mental.
Stringing one of your star players and one of the only ones to give a damn on the pitch in recent years and then dropping him in the shit and then expecting him to carry on as if nothing happened is mental.

Honestly, if I didn't know better I would say this level of negligence and lack of forward thinking was deliberate, but that's for a different thread I feel.

And I'm not just bitter about my bet
edit: Can't believe I used the wrong 'Sauce' that many times...

The world knew we were interested and the likely fee, so I'm not buying this idea that Arsenal needed us to keep quiet. It should have been blindingly obvious that Arsenal were not serious in sourcing a replacement in the weeks before the deadline yet we did nothing. Indeed it would appear that only on deadline day did we hear that they might conclude a deal with Lemar. On this occasion we've behaved naively which is disappointing because we usually get it right on transfers.

I don't know what you said in your link, but how is it a win for us, if he's not available for us until January at the earliest?
Why would Arsenal loan us their best player?

If he goes on strike his form and reputation will likely suffer.

Best scenario for me would be buying him for a lower price in January, but he will take some time to bed in, particularly if he has not been playing regularly at normal intensity.
The alternative for Arsenal is they let him stew and get nothing but still have to pay him a wage until his contract ends.

If he is as pissed off as the media makes out then why would he give a fuck about his reputation?

We will be buying him as such but that would be called a loan fee.

The world knew we were interested and the likely fee, so I'm not buying this idea that Arsenal needed us to keep quiet. It should have been blindingly obvious that Arsenal were not serious in sourcing a replacement in the weeks before the deadline yet we did nothing. Indeed it would appear that only on deadline day did we hear that they might conclude a deal with Lemar. On this occasion we've behaved naively which is disappointing because we usually get it right on transfers.
Figures are kept secret for a reason, and that's bargaining power. Just because people knew we were interested doesn't mean they know how much we're giving them and then how much arsenal will have to spend.
It's strange though that we can go to dealing with Silva so quickly, Walker as well as we could all things considered and then do this. Doesn't add up for me mate.

The alternative for Arsenal is they let him stew and get nothing but still have to pay him a wage until his contract ends.

If he is as pissed off as the media makes out then why would he give a fuck about his reputation?

We will be buying him as such but that would be called a loan fee.
Footballers care about reputation, they get huge money from sponsorships. I suspect it was part of the reason he didn't put a transfer request in.

Wenger is obviously hoping he will act as a professional, as are Liverpool with Coutinho and Southampton with VVD.

It's strange though that we can go to dealing with Silva so quickly, Walker as well as we could all things considered and then do this. Doesn't add up for me mate.
Not strange Silva and Walker we were dealing with clubs that are as professional as we are. With Sanchez we were dealing with a set of blundering buffoons. Unfortunately it needs both sides to do a deal.

They were still not considered big players, though. I'm not sure how you could argue otherwise. Yaya was considered to be a disappointment at Barca when he left. Silva is now one of my favourite Stephen Ireland impersonators of all time but his signing wasn't considered a coup at the time because he was seen as a good but not great player (he became great here).

Tevez was hailed when we signed him, of course, but, as I said before, a lot of that was down to crossing no man's land.

12 months ago very few people on here had heard of Mendy, Ederson, Bernardo.

Mendy has played 4 games for France all of them in 2017.
Ederson had never represented Brazil before we purchased him.
Bernardo has played 16 games for Portugal.

Silva had played for Spain 43 times before we signed him.
Tevez had played 52 games for Argentina.
And while I recognize that Ivory Coast are not Spain or Argentina, Yaya had played 50 games for his country before joining us.

Those are the facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.