Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not strange Silva and Walker we were dealing with clubs that are as professional as we are. With Sanchez we were dealing with a set of blundering buffoons. Unfortunately it needs both sides to do a deal.
I get that, perhaps we were a wee bit niave but to be fair who expected Arsenal to be this bad? I don't think you can blame city for that

What cack. He's over 28 to free to buy himself out of the remainder of his contract any time Arsenal try to screw him over.

The players have the power and you've just made it sound as if they are beholden to their clubs.

I expect Sanchez and Barkley will be sold for cut prices in January
Lets see what happens. I expect they'll kiss and make up within 3 weeks.

12 months ago very few people on here had heard of Mendy, Ederson, Bernardo.

Mendy has played 4 games for France all of them in 2017.
Ederson had never represented Brazil before we purchased him.
Bernardo has played 16 games for Portugal.

Silva had played for Spain 43 times before we signed him.
Tevez had played 52 games for Argentina.
And while I recognize that Ivory Coast are not Spain or Argentina, Yaya had played 50 games for his country before joining us.

Those are the facts.
And I do not dispute the facts and am just arguing perceptions. There were other "big" clubs in the premier league and abroad scouting and interested in Gundugan, Sane, Jesus, Stones (yes, John was in demand), Mendy, Ederson, Bernardo, and Walker. That was not the case for Silva, Yaya, Kompany, Zabaleta, and many older signings. The transfer market—and football in general—is different now and we are at a higher level than we were.

Transfers are simply more complex, higher risk, and more difficult at this level. And hindsight is always 20/20 but it is not as if anyone could reasonably claim that they were certain any of those players would become the legends for us they are today (did you read the Yaya and Kompany threads the first few years they were with us... some of the posts from supporters that worship them now bordered on potential court evidence in an assault trial then).

Lets see what happens. I expect they'll kiss and make up within 3 weeks.

By all accounts Sanchez is livid. Can't see him and Wenger making up quickly if at all. Arsenal's actions yesterday took no account of Sanchez or his feelings - he was made to stay because Wenger and the board feared a backlash - utterly spineless and pathetic . You never say never but i cant see any scenario where Sanchez stays at Arsenal

By all accounts Sanchez is livid. Can't see him and Wenger making up quickly if at all. Arsenal's actions yesterday took no account of Sanchez or his feelings - he was made to stay because Wenger and the board feared a backlash - utterly spineless and pathetic . You never say never but i cant see any scenario where Sanchez stays at Arsenal
I don't doubt for one minute he isn't pissed off and his relationship with Wenger is extremely strained, however when you have to work somewhere and there is big money involved in a new contract I think you'll be amazed how quickly the 'damage' is repaired.

The only way they won't miss and make up is if Sanchez does a full on strike and refuses to play but can't see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.