Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Footballers care about reputation, they get huge money from sponsorships. I suspect it was part of the reason he didn't put a transfer request in.

Wenger is obviously hoping he will act as a professional, as are Liverpool with Coutinho and Southampton with VVD.

Still if all is as they are reporting then as Monaco had to do with Mbappe in the end Arsenal will have to let him come to us the only difference being Arsenal are getting nothing only a loan fee from us.

I have to say I am very proud to be a supporter of a club which is so professional. They are the biggest losers in my opinion they are also on the decline and will lose a lot of star names this summer and we can look forward to a great season and the future is bright for city. COME ON CITY!!

Footballers care about reputation, they get huge money from sponsorships. I suspect it was part of the reason he didn't put a transfer request in.

Wenger is obviously hoping he will act as a professional, as are Liverpool with Coutinho and Southampton with VVD.

I'm not sure submitting a transfer request actually damages someone's reputation. In fact, I think a player who submits the request and stays otherwise quiet about it comes out of these things looking a lot more credible than the player that publicly agitates for a move and creates a massive stink but doesn't actually ever put a request in. Coutinho won't have done his reputation any damage for the way he conducted himself this transfer window. Sounds like he clearly wanted the move, he submitted the request but hasn't had a public sulk about it.

He'll be worth less in Jan, especially if we are doing well in the league, £30-45m maybe?

He's apparently devastated he has to go back and work with Wenger, they might have to get rid of him if it affects the dressing room between now and Jan.

Last edited:
Daft question here but could Sanchez not buy out his own contract? Or is there a constraint to doing that? Then he'd be free to do what he wants.
No, there are all sorts of weird rules around it. Might be wrong but think he might have been able to if he'd given Arsenal notice of intention to do so a few months ago but don't think he can just say "fuck this" and buy out immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.