Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me it was about city and arsenal. City did all they could bar up the bid to a figure they didn't believe fair value or give them Sterling,arsenal did what they needed to keep him. It would of been football suicide for them to sell him to us without at least getting a player of equal talent.
(De gea springs to mind, I expect they will spend like Utd have from now on.)
But I don't think Sanchez could of done anymore without tainting his achievements at arsenal with their fans.
We've slowly ruined arsenal tho, that makes me chuckle.
That's the point. If he wasn't ready to taint his image before them it was never going to get done. Sterling got a lot of flak at the time but it paid off for him ultimately. I think he trusted Arsenal a bit too much to be reasonable and so he shouldn't really be dissapointed that they let him down. Many bluemooners commented time and again that Sanchez seemed not to be making noises sufficient to get Arsenal to act decisively. Weeks down the line it turned out that they were right all along.

True. If we could pick Sanchez up for free in January then I'd be all for it.

I beleve Arsenal never had any intention of selling to us. We were just strung along until it was too late for us to strengthen the squad in that position.

I doubt Sanchez will do anything other than his best for them this season, even if it's through gritted teeth.

If we go back for him in Jan it should be with a take it or leave it, answer within 3 days offer of £30 mill on Jan 1st. After that it's deal off and go balls out for a younger alternative.
Okay I see your point but three days is a bit too small. Four days seems more appropriate. Hahaha.

What's the rules regarding the Europa league and champions league if he were to play for them in that and sign for us in January?

A player who has played in the Europa League can sign for someone else and play in the Champions League in the same season but not the other way around.

So he can play for Arsenal in the Europa League, sign for us in January and he will be able to play for us in the Champions League knockouts.

I really believe Sanchez will come to City. Either in January or next summer. I don't know if there will be more competition. There probably will. But we had competition this summer too. But he wanted us and to reunite with Pep. I have no doubt he wants that the next year too.

But for the transfer to happen this January. He has to play badly/sulk. Show Arsenal that he has no motivation to play for them. And they'll bite our hands at 30m.

How much you think we should pay for him in January? I know 0 is the best deal but be realistic, they not going to release him for less than 10-15

How much you think we should pay for him in January? I know 0 is the best deal but be realistic, they not going to release him for less than 10-15
I think we should take him on loan with an obligation to sign on a free in the summer. :)

30m.

10m-15m is nothing. Again....if Sanchez is playing well. They probably won't even sell for 50m. Sanchez has to force the move. They'll be hoping he can get them CL qualification. Which i can't see. Arsenal are garbage compared to the other top 6 teams.

Sanchez only wanted to sign for city this summer so no reason for that to change in just 4 month's. I expect we will sign him early January.

Because he was Pep's first choice signing out of the whole window.

He wanted him in 2016 as well according to Mullock.

Pep thinks he's a missing piece, we'll definitely go back IMO unless something crazy happens.

It's perfect for us as well, The main reason we needed him was to take us to that elite level from 4/5 to 5/5 and 90% of the games where that matters are after January. CL knockouts, FA Cup, the business end of the league.

I get all that. Doesn't explain how Arsenal will behave any differently (they won't). We won't get him in January. Arsenal will ask too much and try to dick us around just like they did. Why wouldn't they? We will put in a desultory low bid; they'll say no and that will be it until summer. We aren't going to relive this movie. Not even sure him putting a transfer request changes it. Arsenal will look like even bigger idiots to their fan base if they sell him to us for a third of August's price four months later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.