Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another twist.

So who's telling porkies now?

Wenger.

"Your interest is always to perform. It was not very close. It's very difficult for me to speak about that because what I want the player to do is now focus on his career, on his season and on Arsenal football club."
Only last Friday during his pre-Liverpool match interview, Wenger quoted that Sanchez was happy, training well & committed to Arsenal Football Club.

It certainly looked this way during & after the 4-0 stiffing they got.

Last edited:
As a matter of interest, wonder how they would stand legally it if he suddenly decided to "Do A, Tevez" and stay in Chille, for the next six months, after the international break, (stating that he wasn't in a good enough frame of mind, following recent events, to give of his best). I'm sure someone mentioned, during the Tevez saga, that, even though he was unavailable for work, we were only allowed to withold his wages for a certain amount of time before he became a free agent again.
It was the threat of legal action for breach of contract, damages, court cost & a global ban from football that brought Tevez crawling back.

Without clubs having these options, any player could walk out of any club when he like with little or no consequences. It was spelled out to Tevez that he would be left broke & facing a global FIFA ban with no chance to earn a living within football again.

It was the threat of legal action for breach of contract, damages, court cost & a global ban from football that brought Tevez crawling back.

Without clubs having these options, any player could walk out of any club when he like with little or no consequences. It was spelled out to Tevez that he would be left broke & facing a global FIFA ban with no chance to earn a living within football again.
I said this at the time. player power doesn't work at city. you just rot somewhere if you fuck with us.

I said this at the time. player power doesn't work at city. you just rot somewhere if you fuck with us.
That's the power of having deep pockets. We made a stand at the time & no player I can think of has tried it since.

Now that Pep is here, he's made it perfectly ckear that anyone who fucks about will be severely dealt with. Yaya is still lubricating his arse after run in with our Spanish contingent... :-)

Give him more money this season and get his mind on the job so he doesn't sulk.
What's happened has gone beyond money. Sanchez is already a fantastically wealthy individual who now has to make his biggest decision ever at the peak of his career.

After his next contract, it will probably be downhill from there. If Sanchez was interested in money alone, he would have accepted Arsenal's improved terms or the riches PSG apparently offered ages ago.

Money is important, but it's obviously where his career lies which is even more important to him.

Is it beyond reason that he could sign a new contract but have a release clause inserted for a fairly low fee (let's say £20m)? Wouldn't surprise me if that happened.

The only reason he would do that would be to give Arse a sell on fee, does he owe them any favours?

After the way he has been let down by them, simply dont see it

A player we all thought was coming, didn't. Let's not start acting the Billy big Bollocks saying he should down tools, strike etc.Sanchez is contracted to Arsenal, why would we want him to act like a grade A ****? Boot on other foot, we'd expect any City player to honour their contract. It didn't happen, he ain't coming. Let's stop with the fucking petty bollocks, "Arsene's a c****, Arsenal did us over, blah, blah, fucking blah". Nobody has a divine right to any player, especially one already contracted to another club. Can you imagine the teeth gnashing on here, were Serge to say, "I want to go to Real, City promised, I'm not playing any more." No. So, let's get a grip, let's cut the spoilt kid shtick and let's not pretend we've been illegally fucked over. We haven't. To paraphrase, "Man who promised to buy house decides not to.". It's that fucking simple.
Nail on head there mate - time to now concentrate on the games ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.