Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
He needs to pull his socks up and forget what has happened and get on with playing for his employers Arsenal.

If and that's a big if City come back in for him in January the only reason we should sign him is because he's been playing with Arsenal's first team through out the season and is match fit.

Pointless signing someone for £30 plus million who's been on the bench sulking and is way off he's match fitness we may save our money and get him for free next summer and have a good pre season with us.

So I'd want Sanchez to commit to giving Arsenal 100% until his contract runs down and makes them awear that he won't be signing a new contract but he will commit to giving his best service.

I can't see him sulking to that extent that he's on the bench. I still think he'll be Arsenal''s best player.

I also dont think Arsenal will sell him for £30m unless they've no chance of CL qualification, either through league qualication or via the Europa League.

Haha. Which City.

None of yours.
I'm just catching up on bluemoon,so I'm quite behind,

however I saw your post about not betting in your little spat with someone because your not 18,you then go on to say,i live in the most expensive city in the world ,and have ocean views,now that's fucking childish in the context of the discussion you were having,and you've imo sounded like a right dickhead.
just so you know exactly how that post came across(I think you deleted it,because I couldn't directly quote the post)

small childs whiney voice : I live in the most expensive city in the world with ocean views, you should of added so there to round it off.

Not sure why all the drama Arsenal said he wasn't for sale and he wasn't at the end. Did Arsenal play us, possibly, but playing devils advocate why were we chasing a player that was not for sale. Obviously would have liked him but we really need to be finding the Sanchez's of tomorrow.

Txiki still gonna offer above 40m for him in January imo. Not 60m, but 40-45m imo. To me even that is way more than it should be.

Txiki still gonna offer above 40m for him in January imo. Not 60m, but 40-45m imo. To me even that is way more than it should be.

It still wouldn't make sense for Arsenal to sell at that price if it meant sacrificing a CL spot.

Its not unusual for Arsenal to be in crisis mode in August only to then have a strong run during autumn. It wouldnt surprise me if they're no worse than within 4 or 5 points of 4th place by the new year which would make it very difficult for them to sell Sanchez.

Also they will need to re-evaluate their priorities when they see which teams drop down from the CL to the Europa League (assuming they're still in it). It became clear last December that there was surprisingly little quality opposition standing in the way of United winning the EL. It might be the same this year, which would also be a good reason for them to hang on to Sanchez.

With the 60mil Arsenal missed out on plus his wages, they are effectively paying around 1.6mil pound per week to keep Sanchez.

Of course if he truly wants us and only us then we will have him this time next year (sooner if he doesn't perform for Arsenal) but my natural cynic says that there's a risk of him going elsewhere next year if we have a disappointing season. The issue of a transfer fee will be gone and of course Alexis Sanchez could be the best free transfer of all time but the downside to that is that other clubs will be looking at him, including Barcelona if Dembelé doesn't live up to expectations, PSG if Dí María leaves and Bayern to replace the aging Franck Ribery. I don't blame City though; Arsenal are an utter shambles and selling Sanchez was clearly the smart thing to do, so it was fair for City to feel confident.

With the 60mil Arsenal missed out on plus his wages, they are effectively paying around 1.6mil pound per week to keep Sanchez.
Bloody hell, if he doesn't perform this year than that's got to be up there with the worst decisions in human history.

I will find it funny if he has a Hazard 15/16 season and does nothing for Arsenal, and it won't at all change my view of him being world class for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.