Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would have been over the moon if he had signed, however there was a nagging concern at the back of my mind that he has too much football in his legs. The guy hasn't had a break in about 5 years. Copa Americas, Confederation Cups etc. Coupled with the brutal Premier League schedule. It may catch up with him, would not surprise me. As I say, would have loved to have signed him, but it will be interesting to see how he perfor,s this season. Aguero has lost a yard of pace and he isn't the same player.

Good point, and with the World cup on the horizon, this time next year he could be well burnt out.

It's going to be a testing few months for him. So much of elite sports performance relies on the right psychology.

He obviously had his mind set on a move and that's been thwarted. He is going to be disappointed and angry. If he starts to get in a negative spiral it may take a very long time to get back to the excellent form he was in last season.

Personally I hope he doesn't feign injury I think he needs to play regularly to keep his body in shape. In an ideal world he would come to an agreement that he will be sold in January if he performs for them in the interim.

It's going to be a testing few months for him. So much of elite sports performance relies on the right psychology.

He obviously had his mind set on a move and that's been thwarted. He is going to be disappointed and angry. If he starts to get in a negative spiral it may take a very long time to get back to the excellent form he was in last season.

Personally I hope he doesn't feign injury I think he needs to play regularly to keep his body in shape. In an ideal world he would come to an agreement that he will be sold in January if he performs for them in the interim.
People tend to forget that despite the obvious monetary benefits, footballers are still people like the rest of us, and to perform to your best you need to be happy and focused. How would people on here feel if they had an opportunity to work for a bigger company with better prospects and your boss stopped you leaving despite knowing you wanted to go? Would you be working your bollocks off for this boss? I suspect not

Is there even a guarantee City will get him when he's free next season? Many clubs will be calling for him & maybe even PSG if Cavani leaves for some reason. Hopefully he's obtainable in January

Absolutely no guarantee. I imagine he'll have plenty of other lucrative offers on the table when he's a free agent.

Absolutely no guarantee. I imagine he'll have plenty of other lucrative offers on the table when he's a free agent.

He had the chance to join Bayern and PSG this summer. He wanted to join us, knowing fine well he could stay at Arsenal and cash in next year. I don't see any reason why he would have joined us, if it solely was a money decision and I don't see why his decision should change.

If Sanchez has a woeful year and somebody like Jesus performs excellently, would we even want him next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.