Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point, and with the World cup on the horizon, this time next year he could be well burnt out.
Good point and a reason why he may not arrive at all. He was to be the icing on the cake those extra big goals that would have won us the league (not sure we can win it now) but
a year is a long time and I think that any deal we would offer him post World Cup will be a lot less than was on the table. Also he may well move down the pecking order as the season progresses. Maybe Arsenal will want to shift him in January at a reduced price and if we are still in the CL and in with a shout of the title we might be tempted. But from where I stand there are far too many if's but's and maybe's surrounding this deal now. Water under the bridge perhaps.

hCVJSYK.png

Just a quick reminder of Alexis' injury history before the season restarts

Not bothered either way. Time for the thread to be closed.

Not at all. Feel free to stay out if you are fed up... ;-)

My feeling is City and Pep are still determined to sign Sanchez as soon as possible. Next time in January.
They must have some good reason to be interested in him and I can't see a fundamental change in the player's qualities.
He isn't 34, just 28.5!
I also think he wouldn't need time to get back on form as he will be extremely happy wearing a sky blue shirt.
Getting rid of this shite story might be kind of big bang for him. Seen those moments too often in sports over the years.

Arsenal's and Wenger's position are difficult to explain by logical means, what I always have been trying.
I think they still need some time to understand the consequences being a non-CL club for a while - after ages of being part of it.

The development of this saga is one of the most interesting stories in the transfer market. It's completely unclear and difficult to predict.
What will happen when Alexis is back in London?
Will he come back in time?
Will he be injured? Even his national coach seemed to support future excuses for not being match fit.
How will City's claim about the negotiations with Arsenal develop?

First I thought this story might be dead for some time
but now I am sure media will get enough material to keep it going week in week out until the next window opens again.

People tend to forget that despite the obvious monetary benefits, footballers are still people like the rest of us, and to perform to your best you need to be happy and focused. How would people on here feel if they had an opportunity to work for a bigger company with better prospects and your boss stopped you leaving despite knowing you wanted to go? Would you be working your bollocks off for this boss? I suspect not

This.
Technically there's a contract and Sanchez has to stick to it which he loyally did up to now - maybe the wrong strategy to escape from that club...
It doesn't make any sense to expect passion from Sanchez for a club he seems to despise now.
Well, he could follow the club's instructions and enter the pitch running.
But, can you burn for a shirt that you would love to get rid?
That doesn't work. As I said, the human factor.

Good point and a reason why he may not arrive at all. He was to be the icing on the cake those extra big goals that would have won us the league (not sure we can win it now) but
a year is a long time and I think that any deal we would offer him post World Cup will be a lot less than was on the table. Also he may well move down the pecking order as the season progresses. Maybe Arsenal will want to shift him in January at a reduced price and if we are still in the CL and in with a shout of the title we might be tempted. But from where I stand there are far too many if's but's and maybe's surrounding this deal now. Water under the bridge perhaps.

I think so, it was now or never, and I think he knows that aswell, I can see him resigning for the Arse......one bad tackle and his career is over, he has at present, no guarantees after the 30 June next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.