Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not if that Chilean coach is right....
"I saw him gone, I saw him out of physical shape, totally. He’s fatter than normal.
Without his spark, he never left that Paraguayan defence behind. He never made a diagonal run, it was something else. It was not Alexis"

I think that's worthy of comment given that we've spent the last 12 months arguing over how good the player is.

If you believe that Chilean coach then the fat fucker wont even fit on the bench

He obviously is as Liverpool turned it down. That's how price works.

Liverpool didn't turn down jack shit mate. They postured like that, but they were sat waiting for a fax that never arrived as Barca chose Dembele instead at a cheaper price.

If you walk into a shop and say "how much is that item?" you aren't obliged to buy it. This is essentially what happened, and Liverpool got ahead of themselves.

Liverpool didn't turn down jack shit mate. They postured like that, but they were sat waiting for a fax that never arrived as Barca chose Dembele instead at a cheaper price.

If you walk into a shop and say "how much is that item?" you aren't obliged to buy it. This is essentially what happened, and Liverpool got ahead of themselves.
Liverpool getting ahead of themselves? Surely not! They aren't the kind of club that would do that!

If Alexis wants to join City in January he can't turn up as Arsenal's savior until then
as they simply wouldn't let him go then. They've just denied 60m, 20m in January wouldn't matter to them as long as he performs.
So any sign of great performance for Arsenal would question Alexis' desire to join City in January, IMO.

Regarding WC, Chile are in big trouble to qualify. Last 2 matches are Ecuador (h) and Brazil (a).
Some good chance Alexis doesn't even have to care about his WC form come November.

If Alexis wants to join City in January he can't turn up as Arsenal's savior until then
as they simply wouldn't let him go then. They've just denied 60m, 20m in January wouldn't matter to them as long as he performs.
So any sign of great performance for Arsenal would question Alexis' desire to join City in January, IMO.

Regarding WC, Chile are in big trouble to qualify. Last 2 matches are Ecuador (h) and Brazil (a).
Some good chance Alexis doesn't even have to care about his WC form come November.
-
The transfer keeps getting even more bizarre. I can't say for sure if your post makes total sense, little sense, or none regarding this one :-) Who knows what the hell is going to happen and what the hell AS, wenger, or kronke will do. That's not even with Typical City in the equation either. It would surprise me at all if we dropped 30-50 on him!

1) How well will AS play and how shit will arsenal be come January?
2) I agree that it'd be foolish to sell for 20m. It's going to be up to him to get this on over the line. Why would he though if those rumors of a massive signing on fee in 6 months time?
3) Regarding the WC, the nerds have them at 28% to qualify. They are in a decent spot, considering that Ecudor is basically out of it and brazil qualified easily. It'll be interesting to see play out.

I'm guessing you think he stays the full season?

I still think £60m wasn't a bad deal given his true worth in today's market was much higher than that.

£20m will be great value in Jan.

Free would be amazing next summer.
Sure based on how are purchases escalated as the season went on, perhaps.

But if one were to step back and view it safely, I'd say Sanchez was worth about 60 to 70 Million tops.

He is 2nd level superstar ( A rung below the Messi, Neymar Suarez, Ronaldp tier), then add the fact that he is 29, so at best 2 peak years and then may 3 declining but still good years left. So again you'd rank him fee wise below rising stars like Coutihno, Dembele" Isco and Lemar ( even if he is still currently better, he won't be in 2 years). So definitely worth less than 90 million. At best 80 million

Now add the fact he has one year left... You can split his fee by half conservatively, or perhaps even 1/3.. So we are talking somewhere between a good deal at 25 million to a slighly expensive deal at 40 million.

Anything above that, knowing all the facts seem insane.

I mean put differently, David Silva is on about the same level as Sanchez, perhaps a little older, but assuming City wanted to sell him with 2 years left on his contract. How much can we get?

My guess would be 30 million tops... So why would we pay doubme that for someone with even less time on his Contract and more dependent on his Athletism?

Don't get me wrong, teams pay these exorbitant fees every now and then, but more often than not they are mistakes..

This is a function of risk and not uncertainty ( to bring my freakonomics knowledge to bare :p)... These things should be easily calculateable.

Sure based on how are purchases escalated as the season went on, perhaps.

But if one were to step back and view it safely, I'd say Sanchez was worth about 60 to 70 Million tops.

He is 2nd level superstar ( A rung below the Messi, Neymar Suarez, Ronaldp tier), then add the fact that he is 29, so at best 2 peak years and then may 3 declining but still good years left. So again you'd rank him fee wise below rising stars like Coutihno, Dembele" Isco and Lemar ( even if he is still currently better, he won't be in 2 years). So definitely worth less than 90 million. At best 80 million

Now add the fact he has one year left... You can split his fee by half conservatively, or perhaps even 1/3.. So we are talking somewhere between a good deal at 25 million to a slighly expensive deal at 40 million.

Anything above that, knowing all the facts seem insane.

I mean put differently, David Silva is on about the same level as Sanchez, perhaps a little older, but assuming City wanted to sell him with 2 years left on his contract. How much can we get?

My guess would be 30 million tops... So why would we pay doubme that for someone with even less time on his Contract and more dependent on his Athletism?

Don't get me wrong, teams pay these exorbitant fees every now and then, but more often than not they are mistakes..

This is a function of risk and not uncertainty ( to bring my freakonomics knowledge to bare :p)... These things should be easily calculateable.

Alright you've talked me down to almost accepting 40m as a realistic price but if it was actually pulled off for that price I would consider it beyond amazing. I think there's a couple things that you aren't weighing in heavily enough? The first is the top 4 rival fee. Surely that has to bring the number up to the 55 range which would be around where the club assessed him unless you're saying that's how you went from 25 to 40.

You also have to take into consideration, I dunno what to call it, 'the elite player' bonus fee. There's a hundred different players that are just the same that you can buy for say 50m but there's only 5 or so players that pop out on the sanchez level. Say you price him at 75m...and Mahrez at 50m. Are you taking the value or paying the premium..it's obvious to me that you pay the premium even though the 'value' wasn't there. Disagree? Food for thought at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.