Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking a rivals best player costs big money as it would take big money to get one of ours,not that we would ever leave ourselves open to this problem as the arses do every yr,i doubt they will sell him in jan anyway

No player has a value that is calculable and is the same to all clubs . What they are worth to a club depends on the success they can bring to a club and the impact that success will have on the bottom line so the same player can have a very different value to different clubs.
Good point, nothing to add. There's no such thing as 'fair market price' for unique goods, the situation can be different with every potential buyer. We need a clinical attacker, so Sanchez is more 'valuable' for us than, say, for Bayern, so Arsenal have an upper hand in dealings and can name the price that wouldn't be possible with the Germans. It's also affected by the lack of suitable alternatives.

If they not willing to take 60mil in August, cant see them taking 20mil in Jan. They clearly not interested in £££ and seem to be willing to let him walk next summer. He makes them better and it looks like they willing to risk having an unhappy player if it gives them a better chance to get top 4...

If they not willing to take 60mil in August, cant see them taking 20mil in Jan. They clearly not interested in £££ and seem to be willing to let him walk next summer. He makes them better and it looks like they willing to risk having an unhappy player if it gives them a better chance to get top 4...

Based on Wenger said this week I think we'll get him in January.

I think there's something in leaving this until the summer and taking him for free. I'd be loathed to give Arsenal anything for him.

I think there's something in leaving this until the summer and taking him for free. I'd be loathed to give Arsenal anything for him.

Me too but I think PG is under huge pressure this season to prove he can win things in the prem so I wouldnt rule out a big offer in January if City are performing like last season.

I think it will all depend on how their season is looking in Jan. Any sniff of top 4 and I don't think they will let him go.
It could be the other way around, if by January they are among the top 4 it could mean he is playing well to help the team and therefore they would like to keep him. While if they are not among the top 4 it could mean he is useless and not committed and therefore they may prefer to let him go to bring someone else who can help them to improve and challenge for a spot in the top 4. Therefore I do not think their position matters, what matters is the money and the availability of alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.