Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what others are aluding to is that we have ended our pursuit of Sanchez in this particular window only (hence the 'opening' for the next window).
I don't know, just reading between the lines.

Jog on Sanchez, you aint particulary needed. The other clubs are desperate (one in particular) and will sign you on a long term contract on a very high wage that breaks uk records........

Love the the fact we have said take the deal offered in the summer, or basically go somewhere else for the money

I think for us to not up the offer....the board must of promised pep some serious dough come the summer after this afternoons power wow

The sad thing is the media will not see or report what we are saying in their love fest over United.

But it puts Sanchez in a dilemma. He knows he could still come if he chose to give up the big bucks.

It regains our principled stand cleverly and focuses the greed elsewhere.

Looking at some of the journalists on twitter, they are reporting why City are backing out.

I think even for some of the biased ones out there this deal screams of being a little excessive.

Wenger needs a big deal or he will be forced out I reckon in the summer. The toxicity would be too much.

Aubemeyang and Micky and a contract extension for Özil buys him a final season I reckon.

Honestly, it's Groundhog Day for us.
Happens with unerring regularity every transfer window and nothing happens.
As for Wenger, do you realise most of us just want him to go?
Our season is over. We're battling with Burnley for 6th place.

SSN saying that city have walked away from the deal because of the ridiculous fees involved, despite Sanchez telling city in the “strongest terms” that we were his preferred choice

Can see that going down well at the swamp and will spawn a thousand songs
That narrative will have changed by the morning...

Great that City refused the 350-400k pw wage demands.

All I'm wondering is, if a marquee player is now targeted, he might point to what Sanchez is earning to get for himself.

What does City do then? Are we never signing a marquee player (who'll presumably be chased by other clubs as well) again?

Not necessarily, I’d hope we would push the boat out for a younger player - players in the 23-26 age bracket, where they have established their quality (ala KDB) but have the youth to give the club huge value and still be worth something.

You could argue Sergio might fall into that category should he leave this summer or next.

Sanchez at 33-34 will be worth nowt...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.