Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said this before. Sanchez will be a Tevez like signing for us. And I remember all the rags going on about how Tevez "isn't that good anyway" ... I think Sanchez is miles better than Tevez actually.
With all my desire to see Alexis in City, Tevez in my opinion was better than him. The way Tevez period ended in city ruined his amazing period with us. About Alexis, hoping it would end soon, could not stand any more weeks of conflicting reports

No I'm actually,more worried about no replacement for Cazorla as our season collapses any time he gets injured.

I'm amazed that you're prioritising Sanchez over the more obvious deficiencies in your squad.
"Amazed"? Really? You have insight and background info on who we're buying then? We have one priority: to improve our team. If someone becomes available who can do that, we, like most clubs, aim to do it. Matters not one fucking jot, if Sanchez is our 1st, 5th, 2nd or 12th signing. If he signs great.If he's in front of Kyle Walker, boo fucking hoo, we'll be just fine thank you. And if we do sign Sanchez, cam we please be spared the "buying their way to success" bollocks that we'll inevitably hear from Arsenal and the rest. You lot have coined it in for years as one of the highest match day earners - the law of economics works very well for you. London, especially where Arsenal are based, is far better off than Clayton. So we've every fucking right to smash that inequality to bits. You reap what you sow.

80mil would not bother me at all no and i am someone who hates the fee's involved in footy. No not because it is my own club but just look at the dynamics in play. Arse have to try and keep their dignity and not be seen as a City feeder club.
The man is a top end player when that same desire is around him and even when he is the only one at the races. the man knows the prem, has a strong work ethic that can mix 'continental' style footy with the rigours of the prem. He is 28 and super healthy, the man is in his absolute prime and a ready made player for us due to his and Pep knowing each other pretty well.

80 would be my limit but perfectly acceptable given the current state of the market.

Can't be paying 80 million for someone that has one year left on their contract. Any and every signing can affect future signings of ours and giving Arsenal that much money could see them buying an entire army of cheap youngsters no one has heard of.

Not talking about raw pace. He had the same explosiveness Sanchez has, the same as Aguero has too. None of them are/were particularly quick in a straight 50m sprint but they all had/have that explosiveness that allows them to ease by players at will. It's something that does go from that kind of player as they reach their last years but the point was, Tevez still had enough of that and enough talent to change when he didn't well into his 30's and the Arsenal fans and Marvin's belief that as soon as Sanchez hits 30 he'll be useless is laughable. It's obviously something they've convinced themselves of to mask the pain of losing such a player to us. Be it this year or next, i can't wait for their reaction when he's scoring against them in a blue shirt. I hope they abuse the hell out of him so he celebrates. It would be glorious.
@ bolded: edited for accuracy.

The thing is, I think Sanchez gets us that League title and a potential shot at the Champions League title, in my opinion he's worth paying £10m-£15m extra for, even in the final year of his contract.

The alternative is bringing in a very good young attacker who will be ready in years to come, like Dembele or Mbappe but both of them will cost £80m+ and £120m+ and neither are as good as Sanchez right now.

This.
Is a title worth plus 10- 15 mil?
Every day of the week.
We will have the best attack in Europe.
Vinny stays fit and we in it ALL.

Sanchez should not be available at all, Arsenals 4th place mentality has really cost them here and that is going to sting their fans. They can rant at us all they like but it will do nothing to change the reality they have only themselves to blame. The bloke has a burning desire to win stuff proper and that is at odds with Arsenals 'are you comfortable though' approach.

You are Arsenal football club are you not? since when was your fate cast at the whim of little old City eh lads? Your under investment over the last 7 or so years when you could have done more leaving you just about now with a brutal squad has gone wanting. You have only yourselves to blame for your position in world footy and you know it in your heart of hearts. Would Sanchez so readily shut out everyone including you for Pep if you had world beaters in every position and others knocking on the door? He may still come here but i am sure as shit if he saw a burning desire at your club to improve he would not have dropped you like he has done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.