Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wary of this transfer for a number of reasons.

1. Barcelona never ever sell their best players. Why would the sell Alexis with his best years ahead of him?
The arrival of Neymar and Suarez made Sanchez see the bench! It was Tata Martino's choices. But Barca did not want to sell Sanchez, he had fallen out with Martino and asked to leave .. he begged to be sold because he wasnt happy! Martino was sacked and he was sold in the same summer!

Ok due to general consensus and my incorrect wording I'll cede point 1.

Samir was a fucking disaster area. Not enough output for the sheer amount of trouble he brought.

Again fair point, but when all fit I'd hate to see one of our future three lose out on game time for a near 30 year old

I haven't seen much of a winning mentality with his behaviour this season. Quite happy to publicly and demonstrably berate his teammates.

because without him, they put in performances like last night. He is a winner, and gets pissed off when they don't put the shift in. If they pressed like we do, he would love it, that's why he berates them.

The arrival of Neymar and Suarez made Sanchez see the bench! It was Tata Martino's choices. But Barca did not want to sell Sanchez, he had fallen out with Martino and asked to leave .. he begged to be sold because he wasnt happy! Martino was sacked and he was sold in the same summer!
This, this is my main worry, he doesn't like being rotated and has history of having a hissy. He brings a big ego with everything that goes with a big name player. I hope it's not enough to cause an imbalance in our dynamic

Clichy was an excellent signing for the price we paid. He’s arguably the best left back we’ve had since the Premier era.

And Pep said unto Txiki
we have one striker
one striker...
yes one
if he get injured we have no strikers
yes none
we need sanchez
yes we need him
just sign the little fucker and be done with it
and it was done.

because without him, they put in performances like last night. He is a winner, and gets pissed off when they don't put the shift in. If they pressed like we do, he would love it, that's why he berates them.
I don't like it, the gesturing and posturing. That's throwing your teammates under the bus saying look at me I'm the only one trying here.

This, this is my main worry, he doesn't like being rotated and has history of having a hissy. He brings a big ego with everything that goes with a big name player. I hope it's not enough to cause an imbalance in our dynamic
It is clearly not a zero risk, the early briefings were that we didn't want to get him in Jan to avoid upsetting squad dynamics.
Equally Pep who knows him has always wanted him, Txiki presumably knows him too, so they obviously consider the risk acceptable. The alternative scenario of getting no one cripples us with further injuries and could damage us just through over-playing.
There are risks in whatever we do, Sanchez didn't seem to damage Barca when he was there and improved Arsenal for most of his time there.
I think we'll be fine but accept that there is always a level of uncertainty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.