alfie haaland

I used to work in leeds and the leeds fans absolutely loved him, proper cult figure over at elland road but he was crap for us! I remember telling a leeds fan how bad he was and he got really upset and stormed off...

The other thing I remember about him was at a game at maine road, was getting fed up of his useless long throws which were an utter waste of time. We were sat about three rows from the front of the kippax and he ambled over for a throw in, I shouted 'if you take another f'ing long throw I'll chop your f'ing arms off'. He turned round bemused then threw it short to the closest city player!

Nice one!

BlueForever123 said:
I've just finished Andy Morrison's book and he says in it that he never took to Haaland, didn't think he deserved the captaincy, however he was gutted he wasn't on the pitch when the Keane incident happened as he would have squared up to him. Said it was a major disapointmemt that non of the players on the pitch did more rather than just stand there.

I'd have paid money to see that. It would have been brilliant. Keane would have completely shit himself.

Keane and Peter Reid were on my plane back from Oslo (Copenhagen- Manchester bit) after the England game the other week, thought about talking to him but must admit couldn't be arsed because a) he's a thick Mun**h b*st*rd and b) he's a thick Mun**h b*st*rd and c) Haaland was cack anyway.
Must say though the lack of support from his own players might just have told the story of how well Haaland was thought of.

He Was poor as a player and used the keane tackle to get an insurance pay out on his career. Suited him fine, another football parasite

plattlane01 said:
He Was poor as a player and used the keane tackle to get an insurance pay out on his career. Suited him fine, another football parasite
keane didnt get blamed for haaland retiring as keane got roy bailey to defend him and tell the court it was actually haalands other leg that forced him to retire

remember he was in the City end away at West Ham a good few years ago, was shouldered around the bar/food area at half time with every singing 'Alfie Haaland is a blue....' song

Blue Lloyd said:
BlueForever123 said:
I've just finished Andy Morrison's book and he says in it that he never took to Haaland, didn't think he deserved the captaincy, however he was gutted he wasn't on the pitch when the Keane incident happened as he would have squared up to him. Said it was a major disapointmemt that non of the players on the pitch did more rather than just stand there.

I'd have paid money to see that. It would have been brilliant. Keane would have completely shit himself.

Keane would of smashed seven bells out of Morrison, don't let the loony act fool you, keane is a very tough man...

As for the tackle? I'd of done exactly the same in the gypos position, what Alfie did when keane did his ligaments was disgraceful!!!

Cult hero my arse

For the FA Cup game I think.

It didn't work out in midfield but he ended up doing a job for us at right back.

He scored a few goals for us early on but then there was a 5 game loss. Few players took much credit out of that season, so some people have been a bit harsh on him.

As for no one hitting Keane, we were 1-1 with 5 mins left and needed a win to stay up. The same as no one hit Barton, it makes no sense being sent off in important games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.