"All City fans are from Stockport"

yep I'm from stockport and the problem is? how far is stockport from maine road? well from where I lived it was 10.8 miles, lot closer than lundun

Lived there througout my high school years and the fact of the matter is it was about 50-50 yet none of them went and all the city fans seemed so much more interested...strange.

M18CTID said:
FIOS said:
No one really believes all city fans are from Stockport, just the same as no one really believes all United fans are from London/Singapore. It's just banter and I don't see why people get bothered by it.

Exactly. We often wind them up with the "No United fans in Manchester" line so we can't moan when they come up with something equally as inaccurate. No-one on either side should really get too upset about it.

For the record, as someone who was born in Manchester but lived in Stockport for a fair chunk of my life before moving back to Manchester, the town is awash with both blues and reds. Many of those City and United fans helped keep Stockport County in business over the years by attending their home Friday night matches.

Very true, used to go to Edgeley Park myself before I could afford to go to OT. £3 a ticket it was - the price of a programme at OT. 90 minutes of watching them lump the ball up to Kevin Francis and Alun Armstrong!

DirtyHarry said:
ono said:
I was watching City - Burnley in a shitty little pub on Deansgate and it was full of the vermin smarting after losing to Chelsea. They were obsessed with City fans being from Stockport. It was weird.

I must have walked by you at some stage lol.

These Rags are really an odd bunch aren`t they, I was on my Honeymoon in Cornwall when we played Spurs, now my Mrs is a United fan ( a decent one who`s forgotten more about football than most people know) and was happily cheering us on, so there was me , her and there was just the one Spurs fan, next thing, three Rags come in from EXETER all wearing their Rag shirts and started cheering Spurs on, next thing they start coming out with " f*ckin hate the Bitters" and " they`re all from Stockport them tw*ts" in their Cornish accents.

Fair play to my Mrs though, she got up ( a bit p1ssed mind) and told them to shut the f*ck up as they were an embarrassment, generally just tore them apart and then just heckled them for the rest of the match about the sh1t they were spewing, I was just p1ssing myself and left her to it.

How bizarre, I'm going Cornwall this weekend. Spurs are on telly and my missus is a red.

Ps I live in Cheadle (does that count)

I was brought up in Stockport and was easily outnumbered by United fans, difference being the few blues I know of all went to the games where as not one of them did. My supporting City starts with my grandad who was brought up round Maine Road.

Ducky_ said:
It's not really the fact they don't live in Manchester that bothers me, it's why they support United and that they all feel superior and are arrogant for choosing to support one of the more successful clubs. When I see a someone wearing a United shirt outside Manchester I automatically think "I bet he's a cnut".

City fans from abroad don't support City for shallow reasons like they do.

Lets be honest, any grown man over the age of 21 who wears a football kit is either retarded and still being dressed by his mum, or is as you said a total cnut.

Hamann Pineapple said:
DirtyHarry said:
I must have walked by you at some stage lol.

These Rags are really an odd bunch aren`t they, I was on my Honeymoon in Cornwall when we played Spurs, now my Mrs is a United fan ( a decent one who`s forgotten more about football than most people know) and was happily cheering us on, so there was me , her and there was just the one Spurs fan, next thing, three Rags come in from EXETER all wearing their Rag shirts and started cheering Spurs on, next thing they start coming out with " f*ckin hate the Bitters" and " they`re all from Stockport them tw*ts" in their Cornish accents.

Fair play to my Mrs though, she got up ( a bit p1ssed mind) and told them to shut the f*ck up as they were an embarrassment, generally just tore them apart and then just heckled them for the rest of the match about the sh1t they were spewing, I was just p1ssing myself and left her to it.

How bizarre, I'm going Cornwall this weekend. Spurs are on telly and my missus is a red.

Ps I live in Cheadle (does that count)

It would be even more bizarre if you were going to Looe on your Honeymoon lol, the odd thing was, she pointed out to them that she was a United fan from Stockport and the only fan born and raised in Manchester was me, if we are on though, watch out for the `Maaaan U` posse in their Rag shirts cheering on the opposition like it`s their own team :-S.

Ps have a good time mate.

Adam Donnelly said:
uweuweuwe said:
I heard pete boyle on the bum and his friends had a meeting tio discuss t us laughing at them all coming from london etc. so they decided to get us back by starting a rumour hat all city fans come from some far flung place. unfortunately they couldn' work out how to use a map of the world so they used an AZ of greater manchester.

Boyle is from Stockport
says it all thick t**ts

Haha yeah, fucking hate Boyle, he looks like a dyke.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.