'All Or Nothing' - discussion of documentary

From the Guardian match preview.......

......City should still win comfortably unless the stardom generated by the documentary series everyone is talking about goes to their heads. Graham Searles

I'm not watching episode 7, want to complete forget that shit week even existed. Only on episode 4 atm anyway. It's ok but being completey overhyped by some on here!

Nah! Watch it!

Immensely worth seeing how we responded to that! It was a dreadful moment for us, but seeing it gives one of the best bits to see insight into the character of everyone which I think provides hope over the long term.

Watched all the episodes now and for a fan i'd give it 9/10. It lost a mark because i couldn't understand Pep's tactics on the white board, he moved the counters around too quickly. I reckon any non Spainish players would take a good few months to figure out what he was on about. I agree there was a bit too much of the little ginger kid, but you could have said that about Walker and Delph, some players didnt feature too much. I think most football fans would find it good to watch. There will be the jealous ones that will slag it off as pure marketing spin ( and it is ) and laugh during episode 7 but heard all that before and will continue to hear it. Losing to United , Wigan and Liverpool added to the story . It would only have been surpassed if we had won everything last year and the players need to watch it to avoid complacency. The journos that want to write about the regime in UAE regime should really just do a political piece but i guess no one will read it if it ain't connected to a high profile series such as this

Fantastic look into the world of a football club,especially in the changing/locker room,two parts strangely stood out for me and they could be seen as negatives,the episode were pep and a couple of backroom staff in the changing rooms at Everton talking about Liverpool and how dangerous their attack is,for me that’s only transmitting your fear onto the players going into that game,then after the derby defeat in the changing room Delph pipes up about getting back to basics after conceding,telling he mentions “every time we concede we seem to freeze”.Just to small negatives in what was a brilliantly done series by Amazon,laughed my head off at Mendy running behind the physio when he was talking to the bloke about Mendy’s recovery,physio “he should start running by next week” psml...

From the Guardian match preview.......

......City should still win comfortably unless the stardom generated by the documentary series everyone is talking about goes to their heads. Graham Searles

Aye. Because everybody knows we have the biggest set of vain bastards going ;-)

Nah! Watch it!

Immensely worth seeing how we responded to that! It was a dreadful moment for us, but seeing it gives one of the best bits to see insight into the character of everyone which I think provides hope over the long term.
Episode 7 is indeed a tough watch but in many ways it is the best episode because it shows the real motivational tallent of Pep - that you only really see in defeat.

Last edited:
Fantastic look into the world of a football club,especially in the changing/locker room,two parts strangely stood out for me and they could be seen as negatives,the episode were pep and a couple of backroom staff in the changing rooms at Everton talking about Liverpool and how dangerous their attack is,for me that’s only transmitting your fear onto the players going into that game,then after the derby defeat in the changing room Delph pipes up about getting back to basics after conceding,telling he mentions “every time we concede we seem to freeze”.Just to small negatives in what was a brilliantly done series by Amazon,laughed my head off at Mendy running behind the physio when he was talking to the bloke about Mendy’s recovery,physio “he should start running by next week” psml...
The players weren’t there when Pep was talking pre-Everton about the Liverpool attack, although i agree it was a part that stood out for me as it shows how Klopp has got inside Pep’s head - Pep saying “I think they will play Salah through the middle”.

With Delph, it just shows that he’s a bit gobby as you could see all the players (and Pep) thinking he’s a bit of a wanker when he wouldn’t shut up after the derby.

Episode 7 is indeed a tough watch but in many ways it is the best Episode because it shows the real motivational tallent of Pep - that you only really see in defeat.

Exactly. And you see the raw emotions of the players too. It's absolutely the most insightful part, and I'm slightly surprised the media haven't focused on that more.

Whoever decided that Ben Kingsley was the man for the job needs to have a word with himself. Spoiled it for me with his boring actor's voice. Obviously reading a badly-written script but put some life in it, man. Would have been a suitable tone for a documentary about some disaster somewhere. Sort of like 'But that help would never arrive. For 38 games they played in vain the best football the world has ever seen only to find themselves relegated to the Championship again." His was the voice of a series called All for Nothing.
The only other people that turned up for the job interview were Stuart Hall and Paddy Crerand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.