'All Or Nothing' - discussion of documentary

Yeah I kind of got what he was saying, and I'd be shocked if things that like hadn't happened with other players over the course of the last 2 years. I think he was trying to say, that once United got their first goal we decided to shit ourselves instead of doing what we normally do (which he meant by the basics). When Pep cut back at him, he clearly became a bit flustered.

His point was specifically about what we should do when we concede against good teams - and he's right, we do have a tendency to fall apart when we give one goal away in such situations (twice at Anfield last season and in the home derby, we shipped three goals in less than half of one half). Unfortunately, I think Pep thought he was criticising the approach more generally and slapped him down, so he never quite got the point across properly.

I'm at the same point & had been thinking the same. Saw him carrying a bag full of footballs for the keepers in one episode.

Having watched six so far. I've found it interesting but not totally compelling. A, slight disappointment compared to the trailers.

Agree. Really good 7/10 but was expecting 10/10.

David Conn
Colin Schlinder
Simon Hattenstone
Marina Hyde

All seemingly have something in common and they all have a problem with our (Muslim) owners.
Care to explain what the Hon Marina Dudley-Williams has in common with the others? I’m sick of this lazy and frankly insulting stereotype that keeps getting trotted out on here that some journalists of Jewish descent (David & Colin I know and they have virtually no connection with their religion that I’m aware of and haven’t for many years) automatically have an issue with Muslims. It’s really very insulting and possibly could be construed as racist.

Finished all 8 episodes last night. The 7th was a hard watch and reminded me how angry I was after those three games, not just with the refereeing but with our players and even Pep himself.

The interesting (and maybe slightly worrying) thing was just how many times Pep had to urge to players to up their mentality and desire and to follow his instructions. I do wonder if some of these players, despite having every possible advantage, still can’t quite find that elite mentality that exists at Barcelona, Real Madrid & Bayern Munich. He said it himself that it’s the one thing that marks them out. I wonder if some of our older players are a little complacent, having come to the latter end of their careers and seemingly satisfied with the medals they’ve got.

When you look at players like Sane and Sterling, the former appears to be a bit of a spoilt brat and I’m not sure he’s going to be with us for much longer if he doesn’t get his head straight. Whereas Sterling, despite all the shit thrown at him, seems to work harder and harder to get better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.