All Star Premier League Game

Exactly, end of.

That's literally it. You can keep writing rambling 500 word posts to express one sentence but it doesn't change the fact the idea makes money & the owners are greedy.

Come on dom - you’re better than this. You’re just making shit up now as you know you’re losing the argument.

Oh cool - so the idea makes money?

Show me where any person anywhere in the world has ever paid so much as a single penny to watch a North vs South PL game, and I’ll concede I’ve got this whole thing wrong.

Actually - don’t bother. If you aren’t able to grasp why a proper understanding of the potential profitability of a model in its target market before it’s launched is central to its success, I’m really not interested in wasting my time having a conversation with you on this.

Come on dom - you’re better than this. You’re just making shit up now as you know you’re losing the argument.

Oh cool - so the idea makes money?

Show me where any person anywhere in the world has ever paid so much as a single penny to watch a North vs South PL game, and I’ll concede I’ve got this whole thing wrong.

Actually - don’t bother. If you aren’t able to grasp why a proper understanding of the potential profitability of a model in its target market before it’s launched is central to its success, I’m really not interested in wasting my time having a conversation with you on this.
He’s on commission or the wind up.

Once the Americans get the majority in premier league I can see this being put forward! You know what the likes of spurs Chelsea Arsenal and even Everton West Ham would vote for a premier league play offs!

Why!? These teams will have a better chance of winning the league…
I watch RL but am not a keen follower but, for any RL fans out there, would they rather win the League Leaders Shield or the Grand Final? From what I hear on tv commentary, the Grand Final is the be all and end all, which is why I fear the PL might end up there one day (especially if City keep winning).

Last edited:
I think this would emerge in other countries first.

Germany has had a relegation play-off since 2008, and Bayern will win their 10th in a row soon, they're probably odds on to win 20 in a row before they mess up enough to drop one.
I suppose the one thing that might hold it in abeyance is that it would need the League to be reduced in size, down to 18 or even 16, depending on the number of play off games.

I suppose the one thing that might hold it in abeyance is that it would need the League to be reduced in size, down to 18 or even 16, depending on the number of play off games.

Ideal scenario for the Americans

16 team premier league
2 relegation spots 2nd from bottom a play off with championship team
Top 6 play off to be champions of the premier!

A super league..

16 team premier league

A super league..
They’d get rid of relegation, then make each club buy their spot each season. Then they could go down the franchise route and move teams around.

16 team premier league

A super league..
Funnily enough, one of the things I would change would be relegation. In our current set up I’d have 6 or 8 relegated, every season. No parachute payments but a huge chance for teams to get into the PL and win the bag of gold plus it might just lead to teams playing a more expansive game as the stigma of relegation wouldn’t be anything like as great and the chances of a return would be much greater.

Funnily enough, one of the things I would change would be relegation. In our current set up I’d have 6 or 8 relegated, every season. No parachute payments but a huge chance for teams to get into the PL and win the bag of gold plus it might just lead to teams playing a more expansive game as the stigma of relegation wouldn’t be anything like as great and the chances of a return would be much greater.

Think 8 championship teams coming up would weaken the premier league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.