All Star Premier League Game

Klopp's a ****. Boehly's idea of an all-star game to fund the pyramid is a good one. It would sell in big numbers, I'd certainly watch it. It doesn't have to be a full blown intense game but an opportunity for the best to showcase their talent and if all the money goes into the football league and to grass roots football then it's an idea worth exploring. His suggestions on a relegation mini-tournament are bollocks though, the league is there to determine who goes up and who comes down, we don't need to have playoffs or look elsewhere for ideas when it comes to the premier league. It works as it is and the playoffs for promotion in the Championship and downwards are excellent. I don't know why a team at the bottom of the league gets to play a team at the top of the league below in a playoff to determine promotion/relegation in other leagues. Undermines the intergrity and indeed the point of the season they've just played.

Ok so they want to Americanize the game.

Did you know Americans don't watch AS games. Infact the viewership is so bad, they had to invent a way to make it important.. give home field advantage for baseball's finals.

So think of it this way.. FA Cup Final no longer played at wembley but played at the home of the AS game's winner.

Ridiculous idea.

Hope Chelsea ends up being relegated in a few seasons.

Klopp's a ****. Boehly's idea of an all-star game to fund the pyramid is a good one. It would sell in big numbers, I'd certainly watch it. It doesn't have to be a full blown intense game but an opportunity for the best to showcase their talent and if all the money goes into the football league and to grass roots football then it's an idea worth exploring. His suggestions on a relegation mini-tournament are bollocks though, the league is there to determine who goes up and who comes down, we don't need to have playoffs or look elsewhere for ideas when it comes to the premier league. It works as it is and the playoffs for promotion in the Championship and downwards are excellent. I don't know why a team at the bottom of the league gets to play a team at the top of the league below in a playoff to determine promotion/relegation in other leagues. Undermines the intergrity and indeed the point of the season they've just played.
I agree with most of that except the actual game.

The problem is that in the US they shut down the leagues (except the NFL) for their all star games. Boehly even said the money generated was over two days, they have home run or skills on one day followed by a meaningless game the other.

I just can't see how this would work here. I understand the appeal of making money for the football league clubs, but the schedule is tight as it is so i think clubs would take a lot of convincing if they would be stopping the league for this, especially as clubs and fans don't like stopping the league for International breaks now.

As for the relegation 4 team playoff, that would be a non starter especially if one of the clubs has to playoff with a championship club. I'd imagine the football league clubs wouldn't like that.

Why don't we have say all the best English players in one team, all the best Spanish players in another team, all the best Portuguese players in another team, and so on.

Maybe make it more of a tournament type thing, that might catch on.
I believe that is how the National Hockey Leahue does their all-star game. The North American "all stars" on one team versus players from the rest of the world who play in the league.

Please correct me if someone knows this to be false. I do think I've heard of it before though.

Watch the American pro bowl and come back and tell me it’s a good idea.it’s a total load of shit

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.