All Star Premier League Game

I agree with most of that except the actual game.

The problem is that in the US they shut down the leagues (except the NFL) for their all star games. Boehly even said the money generated was over two days, they have home run or skills on one day followed by a meaningless game the other.

I just can't see how this would work here. I understand the appeal of making money for the football league clubs, but the schedule is tight as it is so i think clubs would take a lot of convincing if they would be stopping the league for this, especially as clubs and fans don't like stopping the league for International breaks now.

As for the relegation 4 team playoff, that would be a non starter especially if one of the clubs has to playoff with a championship club. I'd imagine the football league clubs wouldn't like that.

No that is the issue. And we're all very precious, as are the clubs, about the players and protecting them from injuries/fatigue. I'm sure they could do an end of season game just for fun where the players play at 50% effort. It doesn't even need to be to their full standard for it to make money. Just a game though, I'm not interested in a day of keepy uppies.

Interesting Klopp being so dismissive considering where his bosses come from! Not to mention us as part of it shows how much he's rattled by our success.

Watch the American pro bowl and come back and tell me it’s a good idea.it’s a total load of shit

So is the charity game they do between England and the Rest of the World XI. But it makes a lot of money. You'd get people going to watch it and tuning in regardless of the standard.

So is the charity game they do between England and the Rest of the World XI. But it makes a lot of money. You'd get people going to watch it and tuning in regardless of the standard.
I’d rather a weekend of premier league games set aside and every team donates the money from that weekend to charity the yanks do a salute to the service charity I believe in game weeks 9-11

Shit idea. No one would want their team’s players involved and you couldn’t support a team half full of rags and dippers.

Who‘d get the money anyway?
Forgetting the money, it’s the time…

The schedule is already crazy as it is. He can only talk about his idea as they (I think so) have like 4 months off or something like that…

The schedule has been bonkers for the past few years. That’s not even considering the stupid international competitions that are being added or FIFA/UEFA changing when they happen…

No that is the issue. And we're all very precious, as are the clubs, about the players and protecting them from injuries/fatigue. I'm sure they could do an end of season game just for fun where the players play at 50% effort. It doesn't even need to be to their full standard for it to make money. Just a game though, I'm not interested in a day of keepy uppies.

Interesting Klopp being so dismissive considering where his bosses come from! Not to mention us as part of it shows how much he's rattled by our success.
So a charity game? But not real effort?

Instead of players who are already being stretched with the number of games they could have recently retired players.... or 2nd string players. But then what's the point of north v south of they're not even trying? It feels like England v ROTW. And I don't think iv ever watched that.

For starters the All Star team wouldn’t contain any City players. We never hardly ever get a nomination whatsoever.

All Stars obviously would play in red and white stripes and navy shorts.

People visiting are able to eat MacDonalds and drink Starbucks.
People watching on telly need to pay as well while enjoying advertising from MacDonals and Starbucks.

At half time there would be a live performance from an American pop idol. Or maybe two.

And finally it’s named: Final Soccer All Stars match. With the US president to present the cup that is build in the shape of the Statue of Liberty.

And all this after we won the league and a domestic cup and … ah why not, the Champions League. It’s fantasy anyways. Now is it?

So a charity game? But not real effort?

Instead of players who are already being stretched with the number of games they could have recently retired players.... or 2nd string players. But then what's the point of north v south of they're not even trying? It feels like England v ROTW. And I don't think iv ever watched that.

The idea, to raise money for the football pyramid is a good one. People are getting precious about how that would work, but it would. Even if it's just kids tuning in on a free to air channel to watch an assortment of top players. If it raises money then it's a good thing. It doesn't have to be a high quality tournament or of interest to the typical football fan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.