All Star Premier League Game

Yeah ok. Say 50% of the profits to help reduce the costs of watching football for the fans, the other 50% to charity.

How does that sound Mr Boehly? Hello? Are you still there?

Greedy American owner in 'wants even more money' shocker. Stick it in the same pile as the one where they had that idea to stretch the goalposts to make them bigger in extra time and cheerleaders at Monday night football... Ok, just the goalposts one then .

Part of the takeover agreement stipulated he has to invest £1.75Bn into the club over the next 10 years on top of the £2.5Bn he spent on it.

That was in return for Abramovic waiving the nearly 1Bn he was owed (he wasn't getting the money anyway) so they are going to spend big for several seasons. When Potter took the job it was reported that he's getting another £200m to spend next summer.

@Vialli98 can confirm that, but I think that's right.

I know there is a bit of leeway with new owners but if they spend 200m next summer on top of the 250m this summer they will need to sell some players for big money or they going to find it difficult to not break ffp end of season 25/26 season..

be looking on with interest..

Really don’t get the anger

All stars game, meh. Ignore it. nothing more than a glorified friendly

Some people just hate change.

Saying that, I'm not keen on the idea, but I don't like the Community Shield either.

I can get on board with the bottom 4 going into a playoff to see who stays up.

Some people just hate change.

Saying that, I'm not keen on the idea, but I don't like the Community Shield either.

I can get on board with the bottom 4 going into a playoff to see who stays up.
Maybe, but this isn’t any meaningful change, it’s attempting to add a shite, contrived friendly that no one barring Domalino and a few yanks want.

I may have underestimated the hatred toward Chelsea’s decision in 1958 though.

There is just nothing in a North v South game that appeals to either the players or fans.

An end of season tournament made up of 'all star' teams representing their leagues MIGHT have something going for it. Imagine the tension in some of those squads after closely contested seasons, it could all kick off. I think I've talked my self into this.

*Leaves to email Todd Boehly

American sports need all star games because international representation in the sports played predominantly in the USA are terrible, nobody cares enough about American football, baseball or basketball to have a quality international tournament that generates any viewing figures, hockey has international tournaments that are well watched but nothing on the scale that would see international representation be important for players.

International football, whatever you think about its merits, already scratches that itch. We have an all-star tournament coming up in December.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.