All Star Premier League Game

If it was a northerners Vs southerners game id defo get behind it! We'd have the southern fairies for a start...
Don't think many yanks would be tuning in to watch that though!

Yeah ok. Say 50% of the profits to help reduce the costs of watching football for the fans, the other 50% to charity.

How does that sound Mr Boehly? Hello? Are you still there?

Greedy American owner in 'wants even more money' shocker. Stick it in the same pile as the one where they had that idea to stretch the goalposts to make them bigger in extra time and cheerleaders at Monday night football... Ok, just the goalposts one then .

The whole idea was to donate the proceeds to grassroots and the lower leagues…

Thinking about it again, with regards to generating this money that he’s on about, besides the broadcasters paying a lot, won’t the price for such games just be thrown onto the going fans?

I believe the average nba ticket costs about 150-170 dollars and for nba about 600+ dollars. So then how much would an all star game cost?

Wanting more money to trickle down is a great notion. All for it but how does one ensure it isn’t mismanaged? How does one ensure it’s effectively utilised?

Billionaires didn’t get to where they are being nice and considerate. They’d want to squeeze as much money as they can from the fans. It’s about money at the end of the day. Who doesn’t want a return on their investment?

He should sort his club out first. Understand the league and culture for a couple of years, then have these conversations with the right people before throwing unrealistic statements out there.

Next thing we’ll hear is ‘let’s scrap relegation’…now where have we heard that already?

How are the Chelsea fans taking their new owner of 5 minutes going public with something idiotic he thought of while sat in the bath?

Not gonna lie, some fans are irritated by him (but that has more to do with anger at the Tuchel sacking than him talking at a business conference) but most are defending him because he's being battered from pillar to post by prominent people within football.

Thinking about it again, with regards to generating this money that he’s on about, besides the broadcasters paying a lot, won’t the price for such games just be thrown onto the going fans?

I believe the average nba ticket costs about 150-170 dollars and for nba about 600+ dollars. So then how much would an all star game cost?

Wanting more money to trickle down is a great notion. All for it but how does one ensure it isn’t mismanaged? How does one ensure it’s effectively utilised?

Billionaires didn’t get to where they are being nice and considerate. They’d want to squeeze as much money as they can from the fans. It’s about money at the end of the day. Who doesn’t want a return on their investment?

He should sort his club out first. Understand the league and culture for a couple of years, then have these conversations with the right people before throwing unrealistic statements out there.

Next thing we’ll hear is ‘let’s scrap relegation’…now where have we heard that already?

99% of the money would come from international broadcasts.

This I know…forget to add that when writing but they’re not exactly going to want an empty stadium. Maybe they do. What do I know…

The TV companies didn't pay less money during the pandemic, crowds don't matter to that revenue stream.

I'm sure they could fill Wembley for it anyway, people will pay money to watch C list celebrities have a kick about, they defintiely would for all stars.

Then there's be all sorts of merchandise...Nike and Adidas will gladly pay for the right to sell All-Star shirts to 9 year olds.

Whilst true, still wouldn’t bother me - if they’re not involved they’ll still be playing some pre season tournament/freindlys in Australia, Asia or America likely
Indeed, learning to play in your system or getting valuable fitness, not playing at walking pace trying to hide how they play from rival players.

Part of the takeover agreement stipulated he has to invest £1.75Bn into the club over the next 10 years on top of the £2.5Bn he spent on it.

That was in return for Abramovic waiving the nearly 1Bn he was owed (he wasn't getting the money anyway) so they are going to spend big for several seasons. When Potter took the job it was reported that he's getting another £200m to spend next summer.

@Vialli98 can confirm that, but I think that's right.

Yeah that's correct. I don't know how it all fits in with FFP, I'm not financial wizard, but these guys took over the club having already agreed put 1.75b aside for investment into the club. Now a lot of that will be infrastructure, for which plans are already underway for the redevelopment of the Bridge. A lot of it will be on the playing squad though, and hopefully the plan is to increase revenue in the coming years so we can keep investing in the mens/womens team.

Potter/the new DoF will likely have another 250m to spend over the next couple of windows. That's what Matt Law etc have reported. So you're right there too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.