All Star Premier League Game

1. Americans don’t give a shit about All-Star games in American sports.

2. Skills competition are at least more interesting and fun to watch. The dunk contest in the NBA; the home run derby in baseball — there’s some appeal. That said, no one really cares about them either.

3. This isn’t so much a stupid idea as it is stupid that this douche would even raise it as an idea publicly in the first place, as if he has some ingenious way to improve something the English are too dumb to see. “Hubris” and “idiot” are two words that sometime rhyme.

4. Americans sports owners think of themselves and the league’s finances collectively because they are all part owners of effective monopolies. They as a rule are anti-athlete and anti-fan. They want to play the most games, pay the least and charge the most and have monopoly power to do so, or would if pro athletes in every major sport weren’t unionized. Some individual owners of English clubs think like this, but many don’t, because they understand the importance of the connection to the community and therefore the fans. American sports franchises were mostly concocted out of thin air (“markets”); English clubs were working class athletic organizations with deep roots in their hyper-local areas. The fact that otherwise smart billionaires can’t figure this out is and should be annoying if not infuriating culturally. It is to me, and I’m not even English.

I don’t blame any of you for beating him with a stick. He deserves it.

If it was a one off friendly, PL PFA team of the year v America or North v South then I really don’t see the harm.
I’d probably ignore it just like I would all pre season games/tournaments

Fuck him! Another owner who will either refuse to sell to us or get involved in our business for the benefit of the American owned clubs (see Cucurella).

This is why American owners should be banned.....

Chelsea's new owner banding around a completely ridiculous idea.
I can really see clubs being happy to release their top players to get involved with this....

Todd Boehly: “Ultimately I hope the Premier League takes a little bit of a lesson from American sports. Why isn’t there an All-Star game? People are talking about more money for the pyramid, in the MLB All-Star game this year we made $200 million from a Monday and a Tuesday”
I wish these thick gobshite American owners would fuck off.

What is their problem? Leave the English game alone.

Apparently this nobhead wants relegation play offs too. I mean WTF?

We got the owners at the red mardarses trying to start up the super league and now this?

Clueless, absolutely Clueless, looks like the fit and proper test worked on this clown.

Hey ‘player’, i know youve just played 60 games and have a 2 week break before playing nations league all summer, how about you forgoe those 2 weeks to play v America in a friendly? Itll make the league more money….
Loads of time. Play it after the midweek and prior to the weekend game, not a problem.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.