ALL things Rooney PLEASE! [Merged]

Re: Shrek worried about tonight

IrishMacca said:
BillyShears said:
There's very little logic in what you're saying. At least you confess to not being "a City fan through and through", which at least softens the blow of some of the more incomprehensible things you say. Being a City means that generally you back your players to the hilt. I acknowledge that Bluemoon often gives a skewed view of what supporters think of particular players, but when you're standing up Tevez and Rooney side by side, I'm going to pick Tevez every single time, as I would expect most City fans to do.

It's what being a supporter is all about, and it's what rivalry is all about.

If you don't mind me asking - why did you choose to become a City supporter and when did it happen?

Fair enough, for me, it makes all the sense in the world. I'm all about backing your own players..but I can say that if there's a better player out there than there's a better player out there.

Like I said here. If one of our players crossed over to the dark side it's considered border line treason. It's not the same in football. And I find it hard to believe that a player can so easily swap shirts.
And here we acknowledge great players. You get called bitter and you look bitter if you don't. So I carry that on here. I've no problem saying how good the likes of Messi and even Rooney etc. are. I can't see how a normal football man would want any different, biased or not.

You talk about rivalry, shouldn't that go farther than the fans? If we saw one of the City lads feck off to United, I can't see people saying that's just the professional game. For me the meaning of that rivalry should go further than the fans.

How did I get into following City. Don't know really to be honest, like most Irish fans you don't pick, you fall into it. A few City fans in the family, always more of a hurling head myself, but I like the lads, I'll back the team. They've good heart. I'm just not blind bias which apparently is what people want. Which I wont apologise for. I wont sing about Munich and I wont call Rooney to be dropped just because he's a United player, because he's England's best player and ye need him, to win, you need him.
I'll be honest, and I wont apologise for it.

Worst player on the pitch last night. Close control of Mohammed Ali (now) and first touch of a rapist.

Still think he is the be all and end all?

He needs to be dropped. He is not the player that the rags had all season whether it is a physical injury or mental issues. He ain't good enough for England at present.<br /><br />-- Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:29 pm --<br /><br />
BillyShears said:
IrishMacca said:
Fair enough, for me, it makes all the sense in the world. I'm all about backing your own players..but I can say that if there's a better player out there than there's a better player out there.

Like I said here. If one of our players crossed over to the dark side it's considered border line treason. It's not the same in football. And I find it hard to believe that a player can so easily swap shirts.
And here we acknowledge great players. You get called bitter and you look bitter if you don't. So I carry that on here. I've no problem saying how good the likes of Messi and even Rooney etc. are. I can't see how a normal football man would want any different, biased or not.

You talk about rivalry, shouldn't that go farther than the fans? If we saw one of the City lads feck off to United, I can't see people saying that's just the professional game. For me the meaning of that rivalry should go further than the fans.

How did I get into following City. Don't know really to be honest, like most Irish fans you don't pick, you fall into it. A few City fans in the family, always more of a hurling head myself, but I like the lads, I'll back the team. They've good heart. I'm just not blind bias which apparently is what people want. Which I wont apologise for. I wont sing about Munich and I wont call Rooney to be dropped just because he's a United player, because he's England's best player and ye need him, to win, you need him.

I'll be honest, and I wont apologise for it.

You find it hard to believe that a player who has no affinity to the rags, other than the fact he was there on loan for two seasons, and barely played for one of them, was treated like a second class citizen, and his loan agreement was allowed to run down without them offering him any assurances on his future - would move to City? That's illogical - but hey, it's your business what you think...

I don't think there's anyone on this thread who has said that Rooney is a shit player - in fact the poster who you keep alluding to being bitter etc (which by the way is a loaded word and a **** of a thing to say to a fellow City supporter) was pointing out that Rooney looked tired (which he did) and struggled with the altitude, and therefore it maybe would make more sense to play Defoe who is fitter, and quicker, and more agile. I don't have to agree with him to see he's making a decent argument.

There seems to be an awful lot of hostility in what you post, and you keep placing yourself up on the moral high ground because you can put rivalry aside etc. I would suggest that's because you've never lived in Manchester, and therefore don't actually have any true conception of the strength of feeling between the two sets of supporters. Remember the celebrations Owen scored the winner at $old Trafford? Do you think those rag players are as prosaic as you are about the rivalry? Do you think Fergie is? No chance.

To be honest, there's a very fine line between standing your ground and expressing your opinion, and just being a troll. A polite suggestion would be to maybe have a look through the City threads on the board and spend some time posting some of your positive thoughts about our club, our supporters, and our players. It would at least give others the impression that you care about City...

Brilliantly put William ;)

Re: All things Rooney! [Merged]

squirtyflower said:
SWP's back said:
Only a matter of time.
he was on last night pontificating about how bad the english are

Luckily, I have seen atleast a dozen people call him out for being a rag in the last week so he will no doubt slope off and re-invent himself as someone else.

800+ posts on a City forum "playing the long game". What do they think they acheive? I have to give the credit to Billyshears for pointing it out first though. A good spot by him.

SWP's back said:
squirtyflower said:
he was on last night pontificating about how bad the english are

Luckily, I have seen atleast a dozen people call him out for being a rag in the last week so he will no doubt slope off and re-invent himself as someone else.

800+ posts on a City forum "playing the long game". What do they think they acheive? I have to give the credit to Billyshears for pointing it out first though. A good spot by him.
got in a 'debate' last week with him when we played usa
he's an arrogant know-all who regularly criticises city, football and the english
i remembered reading about his raggedness a long time ago

squirtyflower said:
SWP's back said:

he's an arrogant know-all who regularly criticises city, football and the english

All he does with me is call me a snob and says I am not a blue (?? guessing to try and detract from what I say). He can see me in my seat anytime, been in the same one for 3 years since I moved from SS to 110.

SWP's back said:
squirtyflower said:

All he does with me is call me a snob and says I am not a blue (?? guessing to try and detract from what I say). He can see me in my seat anytime, been in the same one for 3 years since I moved from SS to 110.
too noisy in 110 lol, im one of bigmalscigar's lot, flat cap and flask!

Sky Blue said:
blueinsa said:
He is just waiting for his mate, MUFCdave lol

Divvy Dave got banned I think and not before time.....

Hope so mate, just ragmacca to go then ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.