ALL things Rooney PLEASE! [Merged]

Re: Collymore on 5.

bluemoon32 said:
TTTCITYBHOY said:
sorry 32,but where the fuk did the money come from mate.

I think they realised just how poorly this made their club look & decided to just shell out what they had to, they might not be able to afford big tranfer fees but i hardly think an extra 100k a week is going to kill them

Not a cat in hell's chance he'll stay. No way whatsoever. And no way the rags have every intention of letting him.

Re: All things Rooney! [Merged]

MyJeckyllDoesntHyde said:
'.....Around 40 balaclava-clad United fans unravelling a banner outside the striker's Wilmslow house declaring "Join City and You're Dead".

dear oh dear

LOL!!!!

He doesn't even live in Wilmslow...and I doubt he'd be scared of a few kids in balaclavas.

Not true.

MyJeckyllDoesntHyde said:
'.....Around 40 balaclava-clad United fans unravelling a banner outside the striker's Wilmslow house declaring "Join City and You're Dead".

dear oh dear

Lads, get down to Rooney's house. Can't let him be threatened because of us. Bring weapons. ;P

Re: Rooney and the legal implications

didactic said:
He hasnt done anything wrong, footballers are contractors which means even though they work for the club they are not actual staff members. The club has the right to refuse to renew any contract but it works both ways the players can refuse to sign a new contract. Take out all the "supposed" loyalty and dedication to the club and look at it as just a simple business arrangement. He has chosen to take his services elsewhere. They cannot sue for anything he is completely within his rights.
Whilst you are right that he's completely within his rights to look elsewhere, you are wrong when you say that he isn't a staff member. Footballers are employees and are on the club's payroll. He'll get a P45 when he leaves just like the rest of us do. Anybody is within their rights to seek better remuneration.

Re: Rooney and the legal implications

Irwell said:
didactic said:
He hasnt done anything wrong, footballers are contractors which means even though they work for the club they are not actual staff members. The club has the right to refuse to renew any contract but it works both ways the players can refuse to sign a new contract. Take out all the "supposed" loyalty and dedication to the club and look at it as just a simple business arrangement. He has chosen to take his services elsewhere. They cannot sue for anything he is completely within his rights.
Whilst you are right that he's completely within his rights to look elsewhere, you are wrong when you say that he isn't a staff member. Footballers are employees and are on the club's payroll. He'll get a P45 when he leaves just like the rest of us do. Anybody is within their rights to seek better remuneration.

Won't he be self employed?

Had a PM on Facebook earlier which said:
'I have it on good authority that Rooney has actually signed for City on a £250k a week deal. I can't say anymore but the source, as before, is reliable'.

That same mate of mine once sent his mates a PM about the imminent signing of Nani, which came true before anyone even knew him.

I don't do 'ITKs', but on this occasion I have a feeling it has more to it than meets the eye. Apparently his source is a 'first teamer masseur', and has been known to be right on 2 occasions, including the Nani one.

Make of it what you will.

IF we were to sign Rooney, and Mancini fails to deliver with City then would that make us more a viable option for Mourinho to come here?

P.S i fucking love bobby manc and i hope he stays here for years to come. This is by no means a negative post towards him, just a thought.

Pigeonho said:
Had a PM on Facebook earlier which said:
'I have it on good authority that Rooney has actually signed for City on a £250k a week deal. I can't say anymore but the source, as before, is reliable'.

That same mate of mine once sent his mates a PM about the imminent signing of Nani, which came true before anyone even knew him.

I don't do 'ITKs', but on this occasion I have a feeling it has more to it than meets the eye. Apparently his source is a 'first teamer masseur', and has been known to be right on 2 occasions, including the Nani one.

Make of it what you will.

Is that a proper masseur or one that Wayne would 'entertain' in his spare time? Just to clarify like....

Had lunch today with a lawyer who works at Maurice Watkins' firm in Manchester - he's a friend of a friend who figured I'd enjoy the conversation...he's not directly involved in their football business but obviously knows a bit about the inner workings at rag central. He actually predicted today's statement about the 'ongoing conversations' and also the MIB's pitching up outside Rooney's place...his take FWIW is that things went too far over the last few days in terms of the animosity which was generated towards Rooney, and that it would be counterproductive for the rags if they wanted to get top dollar...

Makes sense to me - if things had continued down the same path as the last few days then the next step was officially transfer listing the player which would've knocked millions off his value. If they can give the illusion that there's a possibility he'll stay, the opposite will happen...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.