ALL things Rooney PLEASE! [Merged]

Another thought.

This contract wrangling had been going on since March, but it was all under wraps until Rooney mouthed off after the England game about his (lack of) ankle injury.
Now we all know Rooney is thick as pigshit. Could be that this outburst was unscripted (i.e not sanctioned by Stretford) & that brought the whole thing into the public arena.
Or was it all part of the Stretford masterplan?
I wish he was my shop steward!!

Ahh well life goes on, United will still be in there for the title as long as Ferguson's there, as soon as he goes there time is up and a few players will move on.

I'm glad this whole strange affair is over now to be honest.

Damocles said:
twinkletoes said:
Cheers Stalin. It's just a shame that Ajay wasn't extended such protection.

I don't know who Ajay is or his sources are, whereas I do with Tolmie.

Besides, we are trying to prevent another Ajay situation.

-- Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:07 pm --

twinkletoes said:
Cheers Stalin. It's just a shame that Ajay wasn't extended such protection.

I don't know who Ajay is or his sources are, whereas I do with Tolmie.

Besides, we are trying to prevent another Ajay situation.

It's just a shame that the level of abuse Ajay received wasn't picked up by any of the mods. I suppose if he was a mate of a mod it would have been different

As part of the Rooney deal. His agent Paul Stretford will get a stand at Old Trafford named after him.

Damocles said:
If this starts turning into an ITK whipping thread, so help me God I'll pull it and wield a banhammer with furious vengeance.

Consider yourselves warned, there will be no other ones.

Read the post I put above, there is absolutely no debate over Tolmie.

Absolutely correct, sir.

Some posters just seem to be jealous that other have sources. I'd never say that I was ITK although I do know 'people' at the club. The point is that even the inside sources don't always know what's going on and, in this instance, there may have been a genuine U-turn by Rooney and Stretford, after seeing how matters developed.

The same posters now criticising Tolmie are probably the ones that want to know all the gossip. And I thought that it was only Rags that were hypocrites.

I don't see how anyone can see this as a masterstroke by Bacon Face, in the past it's always been his way or the highway, Keane, Beckham, Stam etc.

Now Wayne Rooney basically slates the club for lacking ambition and what does he get? A pay rise and a 5 year contract. Just shows how times have changed, United are no longer the club they were and Fergie can no longer command that much respect. How many other players at United are now going to be considering their position in this new wage structure? All this has truly rocked the boat at the Swamp and is a sign of how the balance of power has shifted in football to the blue side of Manchester. All warming up nicely for the derby me thinks!

The whole debacle couldn't have worked out better!

1 United are stuck with the Glazers
2 The Green and Yellow campign is completely undermined
3 Highlights the amazing hypocrisy of Ushited fans
4 Rooney will be in the spotlight even more than ever - every statement, interview, game analysed to the nth degree - not conjucive getting his form back
5 Lack of trust and respect between him and team mates.
6 They now know he may move from their sinking ship at any time.
7 If they do have to prove their intentions in the transfer market - City and Chelsea will make them pay dear - increasing there enormous debt.
8 Brilliant images of the Nipples in Black outside his house.
9 We don't get an overrated and out of form player.

uptheblues said:
I don't see how anyone can see this as a masterstroke by Bacon Face, in the past it's always been his way or the highway, Keane, Beckham, Stam etc.

Now Wayne Rooney basically slates the club for lacking ambition and what does he get? A pay rise and a 5 year contract. Just shows how times have changed, United are no longer the club they were and Fergie can no longer command that much respect. How many other players at United are now going to be considering their position in this new wage structure? All this has truly rocked the boat at the Swamp and is a sign of how the balance of power has shifted in football to the blue side of Manchester. All warming up nicely for the derby me thinks!

Guess which game shrek will be fit for.....?

GMuP will be bricking it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.