ALL things Rooney PLEASE! [Merged]

I'm disappointed, but not becasue I was desperate for him to come here (I was on the fence tbh), BUT because it was so much fun watching the melodramatic hysteria amongst the Man U fans.

My guess is that he wanted to leave becuase he could see they were on a downward slope, but couldn't handle the reaction and backtracked.

The irony is, he will no doubt be on much bigger wages (biggest in the league, according to Ferguson) now, nd there will be even less money left for them to invest in new players .... which I suspect was a genuine concern of his in the first place!

That said, I can see there being an agreement that he can leave in a year or two if he still wants to. Pure speculation on my part.

Hopefully he is a spent force and they will STAY in 4th place, but my guess is that he will come good for them and get a new lease of life - unfortuntely. We shouldn't be afraid of a fair fight though lads 'n' lasses - it would be all the sweeter to finish above them now!!

Re: Merely a smoke screen

scotty said:
I think this is a smokescreen so he can go in the summer and united get a premium fee rather than he leaves for virtually nowt. Both sides kiss and make up and get what they want - like the Ronaldo deal ended up being.

Leave them too it.....TICK TOCK goes the clock

This is EXACTLY what it is, gives Jose enough time to off load some players.

So I guess its Torres then.

Ferguson said this about Rooney

I think Wayne now understands what a great club Manchester United is

So only now does he know what a great club United are? Think the extra money might have helped aswell

Heres a quote from Rooney on MUTV

Once it came out it looked like there was nowhere
to go & that that was it. But SAF made it clear the door was still open that's when I spoke to my agent and said 'let's go and speak to them and try and resolve it

So basically he he's saying it looked like no-one was showing an interest in him so he decided its best to try and stay or have i read that wrong?

GaudinoMotors said:
The whole debacle couldn't have worked out better!

1 United are stuck with the Glazers
2 The Green and Yellow campign is completely undermined
3 Highlights the amazing hypocrisy of Ushited fans
4 Rooney will be in the spotlight even more than ever - every statement, interview, game analysed to the nth degree - not conjucive getting his form back
5 Lack of trust and respect between him and team mates.
6 They now know he may move from their sinking ship at any time.
7 If they do have to prove their intentions in the transfer market - City and Chelsea will make them pay dear - increasing there enormous debt.
8 Brilliant images of the Nipples in Black outside his house.
9 We don't get an overrated and out of form player.

10 Other players from Ushited, will be wanting bigger salarys surely.

coleridge said:
Damocles said:
If this starts turning into an ITK whipping thread, so help me God I'll pull it and wield a banhammer with furious vengeance.

Consider yourselves warned, there will be no other ones.

Read the post I put above, there is absolutely no debate over Tolmie.

Absolutely correct, sir.

Some posters just seem to be jealous that other have sources. I'd never say that I was ITK although I do know 'people' at the club. The point is that even the inside sources don't always know what's going on and, in this instance, there may have been a genuine U-turn by Rooney and Stretford, after seeing how matters developed.

The same posters now criticising Tolmie are probably the ones that want to know all the gossip. And I thought that it was only Rags that were hypocrites.

speaking just for me i can assure(sp?) you
1. i am not jealous ,got nothing to be jealous of
2. if i wanted to know all the gossip i'd be pestering tolmie to give me info and other "itks" and constantly posting in his youtube thread (summer transfer forum)

.but hey i'm just happy rooney is nowhere near our club

I don't understand why people are having a pop at Tolmie.

If his sources at the club believed that Rooney was coming to City, his "ITK" reports were still completely true.

If the club/Collymore/other journalists have been duped by Rooney/Stretford, we cannot blame our own ITK people for believing the same thing.

I suspect United would have got bugger all for him in January. Surely we'd have offered no more that £20-30m (with 18 months left to go on his contract)

He'll go to Spain in 18 months time.

I hate Mickey Thomas (just wanted to get that off my chest).

Re: All things Rooney! [Merged]

Maintainin said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
Not sure where to put this as theres numerous Rooney threads.
...they all gettin lost or buried anyways mate, the only reason i bumped this thread (start date May 30th btw) was to try slow tha traffic down atad as all the commotion surroundin a player thats still currently on Man Uniteds books were makin me dizzy n' readin suggestions that our very own Bobby might be tellin fibz were tha final straw so i thought it perfect oppertunity to look back n' compare juss how deep a portion of thoughts concernin tha roonsta differ from the summer till now n' it actualy makes for some interestin bit of a read !!

Daniel Taylor from Guardian reckons there will be a statement from Rooney later
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
ps...forgot to mention that all wots wrote from page 1 - page 44 of this thread n' now the near 40 more pages since were an alrite insight to how the mind changes, loyalties etc etc

Top study.

CTID

Re: Merely a smoke screen

scotty said:
I think this is a smokescreen so he can go in the summer and united get a premium fee rather than he leaves for virtually nowt. Both sides kiss and make up and get what they want - like the Ronaldo deal ended up being.

Leave them too it.....TICK TOCK goes the clock

My thoughts exactly, and I said the same thing when the BBC interviewed me outside Old Trafford (I work across the road from it) They realised I was a Blue and asked me if I was disappointed he hadnt signed, I told them my exact thoughts, hes over rated and with his off field antics we never wanted him anywhere near our good club. The lady laughed. So if you see some daft looking blue with a daft spiked quiff and a black jacket on telly later saying something along the lines of above thats me!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.