ALL things Rooney PLEASE! [Merged]

bluemoon32 said:
This idea that Rooney has signed a contract & then will leave in the summer with all parties happy is a non starter surely.
A higher fee on the summer would surely mean Rooney would have to settle for a smaller salary than if he left in january for a smaller fee.

He'd get a much higher signing on fee though and he could probably attract similar wages where ever he went. I could see it happening.

dannybcity said:
bluemoon32 said:
This idea that Rooney has signed a contract & then will leave in the summer with all parties happy is a non starter surely.
A higher fee on the summer would surely mean Rooney would have to settle for a smaller salary than if he left in january for a smaller fee.

He'd get a much higher signing on fee though and he could probably attract similar wages where ever he went. I could see it happening.

Not sure i follow, the lower the fee , the more Rooney would get personally surely ?

bluemoon32 said:

He'll be able to walk away for a reason though if the rags win nothing this season.
He'll be totally vindicated and not even baconface could argue with that.
As it stands if he leaves now he knows that ferguson would use his media influnce and fawning lapdogs to whip up an even bigger shitstorm and try and destroy him before he even puts on another club's shirt...

Pretty sure he's made a deal with Ferguson in the way Ronaldo did...one more season.

And I genuinely believe the rags have been played like a fiddle-there never was another offer from us or anyone else.

Win,win....;-)

I'd have been happy to have him at £15m, which is what I think he'd have cost in January but he'll now be about £40m in the summer which he's not worth, especially at the minute.

I can understand the reasoning behind the idea that Fergie and Rooney colluded to get the Glazers to spend money but if this is true it shows Rooney doesn't care about the fans and that there really isn't any money to spend and Fergie's been lying to the fans.

Lastly, the best thing about this whole saga isn't the embarrassment of all the United fans who called him every name under the sun, but the fact that no-one's talking about De Jong's tackle any more! :)

The rags were blackmailed into giving Shrek more money which increases their enormous debt ensuring they can't sign any good new players while Man City still have a great squad and all the money to sign players who are fat and playing poorly. Happy days.

How confused must the average rag be right now, wondering what they think? Not so long ago they were all on the phone ins saying Fergie has lost the plot, the club is in decline, we haven't bought anybodyetc. Their only decent player comes out saying he wants to leave and intimates it's because the club are in decline, have no ambition etc so the former only decent player becomes a pariah and the fans are suddenly all behind the manager who had previously lost the plot. Now the former only decent player who was more recently a pariah has signed on for five more glorious trophy laden years does he once again become a hero and does this mean that the manager who had formerly lost the plot but now has the fans undying loyalty because of the shannanigans of the former only decent player who is now a pariah... erm hang on, is the star player again.... erm so, erm.... so, what is the average rag supposed to do?

bluemoon32 said:
dannybcity said:

Not sure i follow, the lower the fee , the more Rooney would get personally surely ?

Well as he's not handed in a transfer request he'd get 10% of the transfer fee plus a signing on fee and he'd still be able to command high wages.

journolud said:
How confused must the average rag be right now, wondering what they think? Not so long ago they were all on the phone ins saying Fergie has lost the plot, the club is in decline, we haven't bought anybodyetc. Their only decent player comes out saying he wants to leave and intimates it's because the club are in decline, have no ambition etc so the former only decent player becomes a pariah and the fans are suddenly all behind the manager who had previously lost the plot. Now the former only decent player who was more recently a pariah has signed on for five more glorious trophy laden years does he once again become a hero and does this mean that the manager who had formerly lost the plot but now has the fans undying loyalty because of the shannanigans of the former only decent player who is now a pariah... erm hang on, is the star player again.... erm so, erm.... so, what is the average rag supposed to do?

Also, there was no money before and the wages have just gone up by £5m per year .... and that's before all the other "stars" work out that tantrums = wage rises ....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.