ALL things Rooney PLEASE! [Merged]

I notice when we look to sign someone, the first thing everyone mentions is the wages they're going to be on. First JT, & now Rooney have used us in their salary negotiations & I feel dirty, like one of Rooney's used whores. I also notice there is no mention or speculation of £300 a week wages. Fergie must have convinced Rooney to stay for the club, because it couldn't have been some scheme to get more money. It was never about the money, apparently. & if a rag thinks I'm a bitter (I might be because this whole saga has left a nasty after taste), then I'd like to point out that I'm not as bitter as the rags who posted death threats or turned up en masse at his home threatening him and scaring the life out of his family.

Congratulations MUFC on the best publicity stun since our 'Welcome to Manchester' campaign!

This must be one of the best choreographed set-ups ever!

Red Nose comes out a hero, the club look ambitious, the fans think they will sign everyone under the sun because thats what Fergie told Rooney!

Awesome and well done.......

Until is comes back and bites them in the ASS!

What I don't get is this....
The whole thing has obviously been orchestrated by Stretford - and done very well too.
However, all indications were that he was coming to us. Tolmie (who I have no reason to doubt) & others had it nailed on.
My point is, if this is true, why would we allow a new contract to be signed, thus virtually doubling the fee we would/will have to pay in the Summer??
Rooney held all the cards so was in prime position to engineer a move to us.

Unless the new contract has certain clauses & triggers allowing us to purchase at a fee that all parties can live with, rather than force an acrimonious sale now!!

Or maybe we never were in the frame at all & plenty of well connected people were led up the path.

Now Rag put the bet on Roony form, it's it?

The new wage is said to be 180,000. So only the club who think he worth that much and ready to pay will send the offer this summer.
But if his form still decline and Roony doesn't want to cut down his wage to move, Rag will have no options but keep on paying for another 5 years.

I don't think there is any benefit to the club who play expensive wage to out of form player.

Its all really very positive when you look at the facts:

1. Utd are now paying an extra £100k a week in wages for no net gain
2. We have all enjoyed ourselves immensely laughing up our sleeves all week
3. The debacle will cause embarrassment and upset the 'team spirit'
4. There has been a realisation 'generally' that they are in decline

Its been a great week imo...

Victory

The biggest off pitch victory in our entire history was achieved today. Our wealth and ambition forced the rags to give shrek a contract that they can't afford. Tick Tock.

Re: Victory

stanman said:
The biggest off pitch victory in our entire history was achieved today. Our wealth and ambition forced the rags to give shrek a contract that they can't afford. Tick Tock.
I wouldn't go that far, but I see what you mean.

Collymore bang on the money again....

"Rooney & Stretford 'bottled it' at the 11th hour"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.