ALL things Rooney PLEASE! [Merged]

There were one or two people who seemed to think this was a done deal. When one or two questioned Rooney's worth to us we got some predictably condescending abuse re little cityitis etc etc.

Now hopefully we can all join together in celebrating that this overweight, overated, out of form, money grabbing twat will not be darkening our doors.
Hallelulah.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Without going around the houses, a lot of people have been duped and Paul Stretford, whatever his faults, has achieved two aims.

To earn a huge pay rise for his client.

To embarrass the media on the back of the prostitute expose.

I very rarely nail myself to the cross, but on this occasion, had no reason not to.

An apology is the wrong word, as I make none for trying to keep fellow blues in the loop, when I can.

It will come as no surprise to tell you very influential people behind the scenes at City were increasingly excited by the prospect.

We were 'the only club in the equation' according to Rooney's puppetmasters.

However, whatever the conspiracy theories, City are seemingly not exactly crestfallen.

Admittedly, I am disappointed we will not have the player to supplement our ranks, but we kick on and with January in mind.

I beat myself up at not delivering on this occasion and owe those who got excited, big time.

Look I never wanted Rooney, I think the nearest I got to it was 50/50 after Rooney's statement! Stan Collymore putting his life on it that he would go to City!! Thats with him personally knowing the agent....So in the end I think I resigned myself that it could possible happen there for my stance was I'll back the blue shirt he wore!.........

My point is that Stan Collymore was CONVINCED that he would become a City player Knowing the people he new, there for people can be convinced some one is signing for us but the bottom line is its up to the player!! and that player can change his mind any second he wants................

Re: Victory

bluemoon32 said:
An extra 5m a year is hardly going to cause problems for Utd.
Genuine question.
Will such as CamelGob get a rise also?
Some players have contacts where they are always joint top earner.

The fact rooney had his head turned by us speaks volumes about how ambitious we are now as a club,so yes it is a victory all be it a small one.
We have bigger battles to come against the swamp dwelling scum on the pitch and these are ones i am confident we will win.
Oh and if the deluded red shithouses believe he is staying because its the right club for him think again you deluded pricks its the extra 100k a week.

law74 said:
I think some would feel that getting our current owners on board was a slightly more important victory than some overweight overpriced scouser staying at the swamp for an over inflated wage.
Unless of course you are totally obsessed.
But that wasn't a victory in as much as there was no battle. If you recall it just happened overnight. If it had been between us and another club who became the sheiks club then yes I would 100% agree.<br /><br />-- Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:07 pm --<br /><br />

waspish said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Without going around the houses, a lot of people have been duped and Paul Stretford, whatever his faults, has achieved two aims.

I very rarely nail myself to the cross, but on this occasion, had no reason not to.

An apology is the wrong word, as I make none for trying to keep fellow blues in the loop, when I can.

It will come as no surprise to tell you very influential people behind the scenes at City were increasingly excited by the prospect.

However, whatever the conspiracy theories, City are seemingly not exactly crestfallen.

Admittedly, I am disappointed we will not have the player to supplement our ranks, but we kick on and with January in mind.

I beat myself up at not delivering on this occasion and owe those who got excited, big time.

Look I never wanted Rooney, I think the nearest I got to it was 50/50 after Rooney's statement! Stan Collymore putting his life on it that he would go to City!! Thats with him personally knowing the agent....So in the end I think I resigned myself that it could possible happen there for my stance was I'll back the blue shirt he wore!.........

My point is that Stan Collymore was CONVINCED that he would become a City player Knowing the people he new, there for people can be convinced some one is signing for us but the bottom line is its up to the player!! and that player can change his mind any second he wants................

Collymore knew absolutely nothing mate. Stretford hates his guts.

He simply got wind of the fact the Sunday Mirror were running with the sanctioned story about him leaving and the interest from City.

If you check the timeline of events, all is proof.

waspish said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

To be fair to the twat, Stan, I think Rooney will leave in the summer. In the meantime, arrangements had to be made to get us to August.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Good...Now shall we get Dzeko . :)

stanman said:
bluemoon32 said:
An extra 5m a year is hardly going to cause problems for Utd.
I would argue that it is, but I would also say that not putting 50 mill or so into their coffers And not removing his wages from their payroll, And the rest of the football worlds perception of Manchester City Football Club has us emerging victorious.

Someone would have paid them for him and I think the name on the back of shirts worldwide will more than pay for his wages.
I much prefer a victory on the field and by finishing above them in league more than a my cocks bigger than yours playground one

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.