All things Stevie Ireland [Merged]

Re: 16m and superman for milner

mackenzie said:
calculated said:
Ireland is the better player, Milner is by far the more consistent. That's about it.

Yep.

I see it as Stevie being the more skillful player, but Milner being the better all-round player.

Re: Ill be devastated if Superman leaves.

gman07 said:
Its unreal that anyone who say that they are blue wants Ireland gone... it just amazes me... here we got a full blown superman who wants to play with us, and has gone the long way through academy and so many want him gone.... it smells of rags and young teenagers that play way to much football manager... we need stability and we need homegrown that knows what it is to be blue... and Ireland is all that + a talent that is enourmous

Thats bollcks to be fair mate. Too many poor performances are nothing to with footy manager.

Not good enough often enough. If I sound like a rag then so be it, but after being unlucky enough to be born in 1973 and so only ever really knowing us be shit, I'm gonna grasp this chance we have to build something here. If that means turning my back on sentiment for home grown players who are ultimately never gonna be good enough to bring us some success, then that's how it'll have to be.

Bye bye Stevie, hope it works out at Sunderland pal.

Re: Ill be devastated if Superman leaves.

ballinio said:
gman07 said:
better than footy manager tosh...
i`ve never played footy manager, how many times have you seen the so called superman dominate the midfield or even have a good game against a top side. Last season he was awful & he had the chances. Did you watch him last season ? p.s i`m an old teenager who`s watched city for 30years .
great... then you and me have something in common... long times blue... and you are then telling me Ireland as blues isnt good enough... well thats yr opinion... good for you... how ever i see a different Ireland that will grow into something very special for us... but since so many of our supporters are fickle since the new money came into our beloved club they think its only to get rid and by new players that will fill the gap without any understanding where we come from or how we have struggled to get where we are now... Ireland does... and so does most of our academy players... if you look skillwise Ireland is a unique player that is on and off but still at a young age... and he is one of the few ever coming through our academy that have the potenial world class talent around him... that alone should make us want to keep him for a few more years and not let a club like Villa take advantage off... Ireland is truly a blue and you just want to dish him out... this is what amazes me... ps sorry for bad english and grammar...

mackenzie said:
Cheesy said:
I see it as Stevie being the more skillful player, but Milner being the better all-round player.

I think both comments sum it up tbh.

Why does "yep" sum it up ?

Sorry boys and girls but from reading some of these posts an outsider would be led to believe SI was some kind of Hoddlesque pass master general in his one great season. Granted he can pass and he's a subtle touch when needed but the touch and pass accuracy left him often enough to half his profficiency to a team...His big season was not epitomised by Liam Brady impressions but on his new found turbo-charged engine that he turned up with. He ain't exactly brilliant at his best.

citymad said:
mackenzie said:
I think both comments sum it up tbh.

Why does "yep" sum it up ?

Sorry (my quoting skills, or lack of them, have been noted before)...was referring to both Cheesy's and Calculated's comments.

Michael Johnson is better than both Ireland and Milner, and I'm very happy that City still keep Michael though.

You have got to be shitting me? This is the worse news since Elano left the club last summer, why are we seeing an exodus of all the most technically gifted players at the club??

Robinho has to stay for me now otherwise if something happens to Silva or it doesn't work out, that midfield is looking very, very one dimensional.

James "Mr average" Milner, slightly underwhelmed by his signing to be totally honest with you. The only thing he has going for him in my eyes is that he can slot in on left wing and play as an inside out winger proficiently to compliment Johnson on the opposite side. Even then I would still rather we kept Bellamy there.........

I've said it before but if Milner wasn't English no one would give a fuck about him and that's the sad truth. He's yet another average English player that the media and fans have powerwanked to pseudo worldclass status.

Whatever my reservations on his signing and Ireland's leaving I will be 100% behind him and the rest of the boys and wish Ireland the best of luck for Villa, as long as it's not at our cost......... Think can see a Dunney situation where he is revitalised by a move. Very quickly losing players that we have any sentimental attachment to though, what makes it worse is that the players that have come up through the academy or have been with us for a while that aren't genuinely good enough are still around, the likes of Micah "where is my man" Richards or Shaun "I randomly forget how to dribble" Wright-phillips.

Oh well...........

bluethai said:
Michael Johnson is better than both Ireland and Milner, and I'm very happy that City still keep Michael though.
are you joking or being serious?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.