All Time Top 1100 Albums (Aerosmith - Big Ones) P265

So maybe it’s something you don’t like, whatever, to call him average is just wrong though, he’s clearly not which is why people still consider them one of the best metal bands and guitars players there’s been.

can’t be arsed reviewing an album so I’ll skip that bit
He may be a virtuoso for all I know mate, but on this particular record, nothing special imo.

Talking Heads
Remain in Light
2/10

Beth Orton
Central Reservation
4/10

David Crosby
If Only I Could Remember My Name
7/10

Def Leppard
Euphoria
2/10

Beck
Mellow Gold
2/10

Bad Company
Bad Company
6/10

Bob Dylan
Bringing it all back home
6/10

Aretha Franklin
Aretha Now
6/10

Carly Simon
No secrets
3/10

The Beatles
Help!
6/10

Rush
Permanent Waves
5/10

Leonard Cohen
Songs of love and hate
3/10

Crosby Stills & Nash
Crosby Stills & Nash
7/10

Frank Sinatra
Sings for Only the Lonely
5/10

Talk Talk
Spirit of Eden
5/10

Roxy Music
Country Life
3/10

Joe Jackson
Body and Soul
2/10

Madonna
Erotica
2/10

Violent Femmes
Violent Femmes
2/10

Metallica
Metallica (Black?)
6/10

Bob Dylan
Love and Theft
4/10

Derek and the Dominos
Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs
4/10

Talking Heads
Stop making sense (Live)
5/10

New Score

Pantera
Vulgar display of power
I couldn't get through the album quick enough :-/

How did Pantera find their sound? What drew this collection of musicians to this particular genre and to produce this particular album? Why is it all do aggressive (look at the front cover ffs)?

None of you are going to be shocked when I confirm that this really isn't my bag at all.

As I have eluded to on previous bands (Metallica and GnR spring to mind), it feels more of a persona, the skull and bones shit, the head banging, the Satan worshipping, the playing a solo so fast on your guitar that it sets alight etc etc.

How did the lead vocalist learn that he could sign like that without effectively trying to mimic something / someone else? It feels staged and not organic (yes I know I have effectively just written off a large proportion of the planets population).

A positive I would pay them is the sheer amount of physical effort it must take then to produce said music - I mean, how fucking fit must that drummer be?

*** (Apologies accidentally just posted this half baked) ***

I'll cut to the chase, never going to work for me and I would like to see some of the musicians try their hand at a different genre of music that we can properly dissect.

In one of the songs, the vocals screech out to 'be yourself' or similar, I'd like to see them take a leaf out of their own book.

It's a 2/10 Pantera - and the only reason you avoided the one is that I am saving it for Hucknell or the likes.

Let's see what @BlueHammer85 pulls out of the F.A. cup style bag of balls next............ ;-)

Last edited:
Talking Heads
Remain in Light
2/10

Beth Orton
Central Reservation
4/10

David Crosby
7/10

Def Leppard
Euphoria
2/10

Beck
Mellow Gold
2/10

Bad Company
Bad Company
6/10

Bob Dylan
6/10

Aretha Franklin
Aretha Now
6/10

Carly Simon
No secrets
3/10

The Beatles
Help!
6/10

Rush
Permanent Waves
5/10

Leonard Cohen
Songs of love and hate
3/10

Crosby Stills & Nash
Crosby Stills & Nash
7/10

Frank Sinatra
5/10

Talk Talk
Spirit of Eden
5/10

Roxy Music
Country Life
3/10

Joe Jackson
Body and Soul
2/10

Madonna
Erotica
2/10

Violent Femmes
Violent Femmes
2/10

Metallica
Metallica (Black?)
6/10

Bob Dylan
Love and Theft
4/10

Derek and the Dominos
4/10

Talking Heads
Stop making sense (Live)
5/10

New Score

Pantera
Vulgar display of power

How did Pantera find their sound? What drew this collection of musicians to this particular genre and to produce this particular album?

None of you are going to be shocked when I confirm that this really isn't my bag at all.

As I have eluded to on previous bands (Metallica and GnR spring to mind), it feels more of a persona, the skull and bones shit, the head banging, the Satan worshipping, the playing a solo so fast on your guitar that it sets alight etc etc. How did the lead vocalist learn that he could sign like that without effectively trying to mimic something / someone else? It feels staged and not organic (yes I know I have effectively just written off a large proportion of the planets population).

A positive I would pay them is the sheer amount of physical effort it must take then to produce said music - I mean, how fucking fit must that drummer be?
What's the score hollibob?

Talking Heads
Remain in Light
2/10

Beth Orton
Central Reservation
4/10

David Crosby
7/10

Def Leppard
Euphoria
2/10

Beck
Mellow Gold
2/10

Bad Company
Bad Company
6/10

Bob Dylan
6/10

Aretha Franklin
Aretha Now
6/10

Carly Simon
No secrets
3/10

The Beatles
Help!
6/10

Rush
Permanent Waves
5/10

Leonard Cohen
Songs of love and hate
3/10

Crosby Stills & Nash
Crosby Stills & Nash
7/10

Frank Sinatra
5/10

Talk Talk
Spirit of Eden
5/10

Roxy Music
Country Life
3/10

Joe Jackson
Body and Soul
2/10

Madonna
Erotica
2/10

Violent Femmes
Violent Femmes
2/10

Metallica
Metallica (Black?)
6/10

Bob Dylan
Love and Theft
4/10

Derek and the Dominos
4/10

Talking Heads
Stop making sense (Live)
5/10

New Score

Pantera
Vulgar display of power

How did Pantera find their sound? What drew this collection of musicians to this particular genre and to produce this particular album? Why is it all do aggressive (look at the front cover ffs)?

As I have eluded to on previous bands (Metallica and GnR spring to mind), it feels more of a persona, the skull and bones shit, the head banging, the Satan worshipping, the playing a solo so fast on your guitar that it sets alight etc etc.

How did the lead vocalist learn that he could sign like that without effectively trying to mimic something / someone else? It feels staged and not organic (yes I know I have effectively just written off a large proportion of the planets population).

*** (Apologies accidentally just posted this half baked) ***

I'll cut to the chase, never going to work for me and I would like to see some of the musicians try their hand at a different genre of music that we can properly dissect.

In one of the songs, the vocals screech out to 'be yourself' or similar, I'd like to see them take a leaf out of their own book.

It's a 2/10 Pantera - and the only reason you avoided the one is that I am saving it for Hucknell or the likes.

Let's see what @BlueHammer85 pulls out of the F.A. cup style bag of balls next............ ;-)
So...not keen then.

:-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.