Altercation at Terminal 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
One was an officer of the law trying to do his job in extreme circumstances dealing with animals. I think the officers HAVE the higher ground and acted admirably.
The officer stamped on the head of a man clearly already restrained. If you think that's 'acting admirably' given his position of a police officer then we will just have to disagree.

Are you a firearms officer though? We rightly hold them to high standards. If they can't meet those standards they are cut from the team. That's the reality even if some think it is harsh.

I agree that he should be off the team - he made a bad mistake and should (at the very least) be taken off armed duties. That's for the Police to decide internally.

I'm saying that it's impossible for employers / trainers / colleagues to identify whether or not someone will 'crack' under pressure, or how intense a situation us going to be.

The lad made an unfortunate but, given the circumstances, understandable error of judgement in my opinion. That should be the end of the matter as far as the public are concerned.

One was an officer of the law trying to do his job in extreme circumstances dealing with animals. I think the officers HAVE the higher ground and acted admirably.
Yep agreed.

Some people and “countries” seem to think that they can start fights / wars and when the victims of the initial attack start gaining the upper hand they’re expected to stop and deny themselves the chance to secure a tactical advantage just because the initial assailants don’t fancy it anymore. Tough luck.

Fights don’t work like that. Don’t start em if you aren’t prepared for what might happen.

Yep agreed.

Some people and “countries” seem to think that they can start fights / wars and when the victims of the initial attack start gaining the upper hand they’re expected to stop and deny themselves the chance to secure a tactical advantage just because the initial assailants don’t fancy it anymore. Tough luck.

Fights don’t work like that. Don’t start em if you aren’t prepared for what might happen.
Mate, that comes across as a little racist and I don't agree, and this wasn't a fight, one was upholding the law the others were breaking the law and had to be dealt with.

Yep agreed.

If they hadn’t started acting like cunts, the police would never have got involved. It's not rocket science; don't mess about with the police. Apparently, according to rumours, they'd caused hassle earlier on in the day as well.

The officer stamped on the head of a man clearly already restrained. If you think that's 'acting admirably' given his position of a police officer then we will just have to disagree.
He wasn’t restrained and other than those couple of seconds had behaved like a lunatic-a lunatic who can punch

I do wonder if the police requested toxicology-it’s an intimate sample under s62 of pace which is to help confirm or disprove suspect’s involvement in offence-here due to some intoxicant.

Difficult one sometimes for the inspector to authorise because it’s all around the confirm or disprove element when the offence here can be made out without that sample-but nonetheless it may have been requested-I do wonder if they were under the influence of some drug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.