Altercation at Terminal 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m just wondering if they had to make an unscheduled diversion down Jutland St on their way to the police station?

Does anyone else get the feeling that, six months down the line (when this story has died the inevitable death) and when the family has disappeared back into obscurity, along with the rest of us, people will look back and wonder what the hell all the fuss was about? That latest video, along with the rumours of trouble on the plane and in Starbucks, will just about have put paid to the families campaign for "justice"

Fair points but the law is a complicated animal, there is statue and case law to fall back on-whilst the two males conduct is undoubtedly criminal it is simply wrong to say without doubt that the officer’s is-and don’t forget we are only seeing cctv footage-we don’t hear the officers, we don’t hear the two males, and there is also body worn footage, previous police incidents, numerous witnesses; it’s a complex matter as u have repeatedly assertedI can see th

Fair points but the law is a complicated animal, there is statue and case law to fall back on-whilst the two males conduct is undoubtedly criminal it is simply wrong to say without doubt that the officer’s is-and don’t forget we are only seeing cctv footage-we don’t hear the officers, we don’t hear the two males, and there is also body worn footage, previous police incidents, numerous witnesses; it’s a complex matter as u have repeatedly asserted.
If i agree that its perhaps wrong make a definite decision on the Officers guilt due to only seeing CCTV (and tbf you are correct) I guess i have offered my opinion on the legal matter on whether guilty or not. And as im not the Judge i agree the fact that the Officer kicking the shit out of some restrained guys head isnt for me to say whether its criminal or not. However, its surely somewhat contradictory for you (or anyone) to then say the actions of the 2 males are "undoubtedly criminal' . Otherwise you are effectively saying your opinion overrides law whereas mine doesn't. In reality neither does, any my initial point remains which is - its up to the courts to decide and my opinion is that both will be found guilty and i struggle to see what either side can possibly utilise in defence other than 'in my opinion i acted reasonable' which wont help either as the law says otherwise.

Credit to them for that; they've done the right thing. The bloke was a shit stirrer, and it's laughable that he's a lawyer. I also think they realise that the release of the second video has significantly damaged their case.
Fuck the family!
They are parasites who saw a big claim coming there way and did everything they could to try and cash in
Now they know they are fucked and the backlash is happening they will backtrack

Not least because Tommy Robinson (dick head as he may be) is threatening a march in Rochdale and that will cause a riot

The ‘family’ knew the full story and did not give a shit
I hope the lad in blue does time for this as he absolute 100% deserves to if only as a marker that violence against women police officers is unacceptable
oh did I say fuck the family!!

Fuck the family!
They are parasites who saw a big claim coming there way and did everything they could to try and cash in
Now they know they are fucked and the backlash is happening they will backtrack

Not least because Tommy Robinson (dick head as he may be) is threatening a march in Rochdale and that will cause a riot

The ‘family’ knew the full story and did not give a shit
I hope the lad in blue does time for this as he absolute 100% deserves to if only as a marker that violence against women police officers is unacceptable
oh did I say fuck the family!!
When you said "I hope the lad in blue does time", I thought you were referring to the police officer until I'd finished reading the sentence!

Does anyone else get the feeling that, six months down the line (when this story has died the inevitable death) and when the family has disappeared back into obscurity, along with the rest of us, people will look back and wonder what the hell all the fuss was about? That latest video, along with the rumours of trouble on the plane and in Starbucks, will just about have put paid to the families campaign for "justice"

One of the saddest parts of this is that following a short video and now 2 people, posters and communities felt the need to pick a side and will defend that side no matter what. How can we ever have decent communities with attitudes like this. Its never ending.

If i agree that its perhaps wrong make a definite decision on the Officers guilt due to only seeing CCTV (and tbf you are correct) I guess i have offered my opinion on the legal matter on whether guilty or not. And as im not the Judge i agree the fact that the Officer kicking the shit out of some restrained guys head isnt for me to say whether its criminal or not. However, its surely somewhat contradictory for you (or anyone) to then say the actions of the 2 males are "undoubtedly criminal' . Otherwise you are effectively saying your opinion overrides law whereas mine doesn't. In reality neither does, any my initial point remains which is - its up to the courts to decide and my opinion is that both will be found guilty and i struggle to see what either side can possibly utilise in defence other than 'in my opinion i acted reasonable' which wont help either as the law says otherwise.
But the law doesn’t say otherwise-police need to use force within the laws I have listed elsewhere and it needs to be necessary and proportionate-but the law around self defence is subjective; the person’s honestly held belief-and a court would then decide whether that belief was reasonable-but it is not an objective test as many offences are. I have also alluded to case law such as Rv Palmer which is worth a read.

Yes I can say the two were males were undoubtedly criminal because I can rule out self defence and they are not allowed in law (under circumstances above) to assault anyone as the police can.

All that said of course it’s a distinct possibility that the officer will face criminal sanction but it is simply not clear cut.

One of the saddest parts of this is that following a short video and now 2 people, posters and communities felt the need to pick a side and will defend that side no matter what. How can we ever have decent communities with attitudes like this. Its never ending.
I've not picked a side, I'm for public order and the police having the power to do a difficult job and I'm not going to bash them over this incident.

I've not picked a side, I'm for public order and the police having the power to do a difficult job and I'm not going to bash them over this incident.
I have no idea what you have done, I read a post and either agree or don't. I very rarely remember who posted what. There are only a couple of dicks who i can guarantee are pretty much always talking shite.
I didn't mention anyone in my post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.