Altercation at Terminal 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why anybody would do the job these days to be honest. Zero respect from a lot of the public, people whipping out phones to record every incident and posting half the story. Having to react in seconds to a very violent individual and in the heat of that interaction judged in the cold light of day. The police are not robots who don't make misjudgments.
Yeah but they’re held to a higher standard than everyone else and aren’t allowed to ever react like everyone else because they’ve received some training…..apparently.

Last edited:
I've only just watched the video posted of the full context.

I saw the male cop slam the lad in blue's head against the metal machine during the start of the arrest (who knows why), which prompts the lad sat down to stand up and place his hand on that cop's right arm (like footballers do to refs). That male cop reacts and strikes first and the fight breaks out.

The lad in blue deserves the taser, no doubt as he was out of control with the other cops. No excuses, but maybe he thought the male cop was pointing a gun at his [I assume] brother? Hence the reaction on the male cop and the subsequent taser, which I understand.

The 'kick and stamp' was outside the contained situation and premeditated response to what happened to that team.

There is clear instigation and all reaction, outside of the rightful taser, are out of control by the assailants.

All the males, involved, need charging in my opinion.
Watch the video again, the lad who is first approached from behind has his head put down in a subduing tech guy to enable the others to handcuff him, his brother is not sat down and is stood to his right, he then comes around the back of the cooper and attempts to pull the copper off his brother getting hold of his arm, the copper swings in an attempt to break that arm away, you don’t put your hands on an armed police officer, he may think he’s going for his weapon, the big lad then goes windmilling in. I repeat again non of this occurs if he doesn’t step in, also whatever went on before brought this on them.

Watch the video again, the lad who is first approached from behind has his head put down in a subduing tech guy to enable the others to handcuff him, his brother is not sat down and is stood to his right, he then comes around the back of the cooper and attempts to pull the copper off his brother getting hold of his arm, the copper swings in an attempt to break that arm away, you don’t put your hands on an armed police officer, he may think he’s going for his weapon, the big lad then goes windmilling in. I repeat again non of this occurs if he doesn’t step in, also whatever went on before brought this on them.
The reaction to him being cuffed and then the violence that followed it was bizarre. Who on earth reacts like that??

So they believe their support for their colleague, who will go through the proper process, outweighs their duty to protect the public?
Because they don't feel supported for doing a difficult job for no extra pay, just look. No support from the policing bosses, none from own major and none from any politicians worth their salt (if there are any) why risk your life or career?

Okay, apologies, you're right on the brother's positioning. There's a lot of black clothing that caught my eye. With that said, the copper does slam his head into the machine as you can see it move and that's when the brother steps in with his hand on the officer's arm.

The male cop has the reaction, correct, but I'm not convinced he needed to strike with a punch. For me, he has to make the space and draw his weapon, immediately, containing the adverse situation.

The brother stepping in, is natural to seeing his getting slammed into the machine. Pretty sure most, if not all would react in the same way.

Like I said, it's not an excuse, but all these reactions are natural except the police are paid to be able to resist kicking immobilised detainees in the head. Someone said, much earlier in the thread, that the kick might have happened as the kicking cop thought the offender may have been trying to grab his weapon and I opposed that with the kick was 'reactionary' and 'premeditated'.

That still stands.

I've only just watched the video posted of the full context.

I saw the male cop slam the lad in blue's head against the metal machine during the start of the arrest (who knows why), which prompts the lad sat down to stand up and place his hand on that cop's right arm (like footballers do to refs). That male cop reacts and strikes first and the fight breaks out.

The lad in blue deserves the taser, no doubt as he was out of control with the other cops. No excuses, but maybe he thought the male cop was pointing a gun at his [I assume] brother? Hence the reaction on the male cop and the subsequent taser, which I understand.

The 'kick and stamp' was outside the contained situation and premeditated response to what happened to that team.

There is clear instigation and all reaction, outside of the rightful taser, are out of control by the assailants.

All the males, involved, need charging in my opinion.
What an absolute apologist pile of steaming crap.

Okay, apologies, you're right on the brother's positioning. There's a lot of black clothing that caught my eye. With that said, the copper does slam his head into the machine as you can see it move and that's when the brother steps in with his hand on the officer's arm.

The male cop has the reaction, correct, but I'm not convinced he needed to strike with a punch. For me, he has to make the space and draw his weapon, immediately, containing the adverse situation.

The brother stepping in, is natural to seeing his getting slammed into the machine. Pretty sure most, if not all would react in the same way.

Like I said, it's not an excuse, but all these reactions are natural except the police are paid to be able to resist kicking immobilised detainees in the head. Someone said, much earlier in the thread, that the kick might have happened as the kicking cop thought the offender may have been trying to grab his weapon and I opposed that with the kick was 'reactionary' and 'premeditated'.

That still stands.
He moves his head forward because he is resisting, unfortunately there’s a vending machine there, look I’ve zero sympathy for either of them, you do not attack the police regardless of what he is doing to his brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.