Altercation at Terminal 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, apologies, you're right on the brother's positioning. There's a lot of black clothing that caught my eye. With that said, the copper does slam his head into the machine as you can see it move and that's when the brother steps in with his hand on the officer's arm.

The male cop has the reaction, correct, but I'm not convinced he needed to strike with a punch. For me, he has to make the space and draw his weapon, immediately, containing the adverse situation.

The brother stepping in, is natural to seeing his getting slammed into the machine. Pretty sure most, if not all would react in the same way.

Like I said, it's not an excuse, but all these reactions are natural except the police are paid to be able to resist kicking immobilised detainees in the head. Someone said, much earlier in the thread, that the kick might have happened as the kicking cop thought the offender may have been trying to grab his weapon and I opposed that with the kick was 'reactionary' and 'premeditated'.

That still stands.

How can you call that slamming his head into the machine and genuinely believe that’s what you saw ?

He’s reaching up on a taller man to push his head down by the neck

He was battered dazed twice, smashed on the floor and lost his glasses, the girl cop had tasered him from behind so he had know why of knowing this had happened, turned round in the daze without his glasses and saw the lad moving

He gets volleyed off me as well

If you kick off with police, especially armed police, especially at a security-orientated place like an airport, you should expect a response. Very simply, you should not kick off with the police. Certainly not at the level where you break a police officer's nose. What do you expect? An illuminated address from the Lord Mayor and Freedom of the City?

Yeah, that copper should not have kicked the prone guy in the head. That was out of order. But you can understand it.

If they’d done that at an American Airport, they would be dead. American Police, especially at airports, don’t fuck about. They are lucky to be alive.

I’m openly wondering if race has anything to do with the reaction, because last I checked, this has not traditionally be a Thin Blue Line forum.
Is there an argument to say that certain members of this forum, and social media in general wouldn't be so vociferous in their condemnation of the police officer if the male who was kicked was white?

Or is that just as barmy as your claim?

He moves his head forward because he is resisting, unfortunately there’s a vending machine there, look I’ve zero sympathy for either of them, you do not attack the police regardless of what he is doing to his brother.

I don't disagree with you.

What I said was it was a 'natural reaction' to seeing your sibling getting in a bad situation.

I never said they were in the right.

All of them had bad reactions.

How can you call that slamming his head into the machine and genuinely believe that’s what you saw ?

He’s reaching up on a taller man to push his head down by the neck

He was battered dazed twice, smashed on the floor and lost his glasses, the girl cop had tasered him from behind so he had know why of knowing this had happened, turned round in the daze without his glasses and saw the lad moving

He gets volleyed off me as well

I call that "slamming" because he forcefully pushes the neck and head into the machine.

You saw what I saw as you've mentioned the action. I'm not advocating for the rest of it, just mentioning what triggered it all.

I don't disagree with you.

What I said was it was a 'natural reaction' to seeing your sibling getting in a bad situation.

I never said they were in the right.

All of them had bad reactions.

What a hypocrite.

So his is a jatural reaction to attack the police. But the officer's is a premeditated one.

Shameful.

What a hypocrite.

So his is a jatural reaction to attack the police. But the officer's is a premeditated one.

Shameful.

"Reaction" is 'in the moment'.

"Premeditation" is reacting AFTER an event as you have time to think what you're going to do. The man had gotten into a fight. His partner WOULD have called 'taser' and the cop reacted after that.

What else would it be...?

I've only just watched the video posted of the full context.

I saw the male cop slam the lad in blue's head against the metal machine during the start of the arrest (who knows why), which prompts the lad sat down to stand up and place his hand on that cop's right arm (like footballers do to refs). That male cop reacts and strikes first and the fight breaks out.

The lad in blue deserves the taser, no doubt as he was out of control with the other cops. No excuses, but maybe he thought the male cop was pointing a gun at his [I assume] brother? Hence the reaction on the male cop and the subsequent taser, which I understand.

The 'kick and stamp' was outside the contained situation and premeditated response to what happened to that team.

There is clear instigation and all reaction, outside of the rightful taser, are out of control by the assailants.

All the males, involved, need charging in my opinion.
Bigga,go back to being a film buff, you're way off the mark as a critique in this one pal.

Bigga,go back to being a film buff, you're way off the mark as a critique in this one pal.

You know, the mad thing is, two things can be true at the same time. That's all I'm saying.

All parties are in the wrong. Unfortunately, I think the officer will lose his job simply because of the time gap of the perp getting tased and the kick.

Not sure what else people are seeing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.