Altercation at Terminal 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they believe their support for their colleague, who will go through the proper process, outweighs their duty to protect the public?
It may have been better if the politicians had supported their colleague and they could have got on with protecting the public, I suspect they know this officer better than you or I and know he wouldn't have resorted to a kick to ensure the thug was no longer a threat unless he thought it absolutely needed.

So they believe their support for their colleague, who will go through the proper process, outweighs their duty to protect the public?
It’s not about that Colin.
The lad in question potentially has a fractured skull. They are going to work and putting their lives on the line every day ….or could be. Just today Merseyside Police are called to a job to deal with a knife wielding nut job ….they are often attending these incidents not knowing what they are going to be confronted with.
When officers are carrying out their duty and protecting the public and something doesn’t quite play out as per the training blueprint, because their judgement might be impeded as they’ve just taken 19 punches and seen their female colleagues punched, they need to know their superiors have got their backs when the shit hits the fan occasionally.

I see nothing wrong in that.

I've only just watched the video posted of the full context.

I saw the male cop slam the lad in blue's head against the metal machine during the start of the arrest (who knows why), which prompts the lad sat down to stand up and place his hand on that cop's right arm (like footballers do to refs). That male cop reacts and strikes first and the fight breaks out.

The lad in blue deserves the taser, no doubt as he was out of control with the other cops. No excuses, but maybe he thought the male cop was pointing a gun at his [I assume] brother? Hence the reaction on the male cop and the subsequent taser, which I understand.

The 'kick and stamp' was outside the contained situation and premeditated response to what happened to that team.

There is clear instigation and all reaction, outside of the rightful taser, are out of control by the assailants.

All the males, involved, need charging in my opinion.

I suspect they don't want to be treated like he has been treated. Can't blame them to be honest it's not worth being a police person these days

I don't understand why anybody would do the job these days to be honest. Zero respect from a lot of the public, people whipping out phones to record every incident and posting half the story. Having to react in seconds to a very violent individual and in the heat of that interaction judged in the cold light of day. The police are not robots who don't make misjudgments.

I've only just watched the video posted of the full context.

I saw the male cop slam the lad in blue's head against the metal machine during the start of the arrest (who knows why), which prompts the lad sat down to stand up and place his hand on that cop's right arm (like footballers do to refs). That male cop reacts and strikes first and the fight breaks out.

The lad in blue deserves the taser, no doubt as he was out of control with the other cops. No excuses, but maybe he thought the male cop was pointing a gun at his [I assume] brother? Hence the reaction on the male cop and the subsequent taser, which I understand.

The 'kick and stamp' was outside the contained situation and premeditated response to what happened to that team.

There is clear instigation and all reaction, outside of the rightful taser, are out of control by the assailants.

All the males, involved, need charging in my opinion.

Wow. He said, in utter amazement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.