Altercation at Terminal 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a man that hits a woman is a special kind of shit. Maybe I'm just old fashioned.
I've little doubt the woman officer will see that she was simply doing her job alongside her male colleagues but I understand why right minded men would find the attack on a woman repulsive.

I think it showed just how little the thug thought of women in general to do what he did.

I think a man that hits a woman is a special kind of shit. Maybe I'm just old fashioned.
I've little doubt the woman officer will see that she was simply doing her job alongside her male colleagues but I understand why right minded men would find the attack on a woman repulsive.

I agree with you.

That's not the discussion, though, is it?

I believe it is. They knew their responsibilities and they certainly didn’t extend to a drop kick and stomp on the head…regardless of circumstance.

If you believe those actions were necessary, based on his training and responsibilities, then I don’t know what to say.

He knew his responsibilities preclude such behavior. The end.
The end? That’ll be for the independent review to decide. Thankfully.

I've only just watched the video posted of the full context.

I saw the male cop slam the lad in blue's head against the metal machine during the start of the arrest (who knows why), which prompts the lad sat down to stand up and place his hand on that cop's right arm (like footballers do to refs). That male cop reacts and strikes first and the fight breaks out.

The lad in blue deserves the taser, no doubt as he was out of control with the other cops. No excuses, but maybe he thought the male cop was pointing a gun at his [I assume] brother? Hence the reaction on the male cop and the subsequent taser, which I understand.

The 'kick and stamp' was outside the contained situation and premeditated response to what happened to that team.

There is clear instigation and all reaction, outside of the rightful taser, are out of control by the assailants.

All the males, involved, need charging in my opinion.
“No excuses but...”
Normally followed by...erm....you’ll never guess what....

I think it showed just how little the thug thought of women in general to do what he did.

Indeed.

So the question I asked the other two, that was ignored/ bypassed, was whether women be allowed to do jobs men do.

They turned it into an argument about striking women.

So, as I'm not getting a direct answer from them, do you think that women should do all jobs a man can do, no matter the consequence?

Indeed.

So the question I asked the other two, that was ignored/ bypassed, was whether women be allowed to do jobs men do.

They turned it into an argument about striking women.

So, as I'm not getting a direct answer from them, do you think that women should do all jobs a man can do, no matter the consequence?

No I don't believe women should do some of the jobs men do, I know it's an unpopular opinion but there it is.

Okay, apologies, you're right on the brother's positioning. There's a lot of black clothing that caught my eye. With that said, the copper does slam his head into the machine as you can see it move and that's when the brother steps in with his hand on the officer's arm.

The male cop has the reaction, correct, but I'm not convinced he needed to strike with a punch. For me, he has to make the space and draw his weapon, immediately, containing the adverse situation.

The brother stepping in, is natural to seeing his getting slammed into the machine. Pretty sure most, if not all would react in the same way.

Like I said, it's not an excuse, but all these reactions are natural except the police are paid to be able to resist kicking immobilised detainees in the head. Someone said, much earlier in the thread, that the kick might have happened as the kicking cop thought the offender may have been trying to grab his weapon and I opposed that with the kick was 'reactionary' and 'premeditated'.

That still stands.
“It’s not an excuse , but...”
You’re consistent, I’ll give you that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.