Altercation at Terminal 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just going off the incomplete video, the police had totally lost control with a highly emotional response to a poorly contained situation.

You don't want or need that with armed response.

If the weapons held by the assaulting officer were live rounds, it's highly likely the 'offender' would be dead as that's, clearly, a trigger happy moment.

Yes, your colleague sustained injury. But your colleague is a colleague who knows the job and its consequences and one shouldn't react as others have mentioned on here because it was a female.

I note the red headed female officer put her hand to her forehead during the melée. She looks overwhelmed, like everything's out of control, so I have no idea if that's the same person.

That should tell you something about the situation if it's not.

The response by the Met just shows it acts like people don't have eyes. We can all see the perp had no threat lay on the floor and could not have 'grabbed a weapon'.

The cops didn't do the job they were paid or [supposedly highly] trained to do. It's that simple.
The red haired officer looks like she was the one who sustained the broken nose -aside from being overwhelmed she would’ve been in a lot of pain.

But I would add you cannot justify being assaulted at your place of work-it is not merely an expected consequence.

The officers have tasers in their hands. I understand as firearms officers they will have had sidearms too-but not 100% on that.

Last edited:
I think the word I`m looking for is "stupidity" !!
My point is you learnt v early on that if you laid your hands on someone you’d better arrest them otherwise it could constitute an assault-but again that’s for the officer.

Ok well let me put it in more simple terms.

The story of one of our soldiers being stabbed in a lee rigby type attack should be all over everything. But it’s not.

What is on the stories is some piece of shit getting his arse handed to him

Do the math.

Are you inferring, what the far right on social media have done today, that it's because one is an attack on a white person and the other on a (possible) Muslim, brown skinned person?

If you are, that's bullshit. If not, then I apologise.

Just assuming it is that, the attack on Lee Rigby was everywhere, wall to wall coverage. If the army officer yesterday had died and the attack had a jihad motive, then the coverage would be the same. Wall to wall coverage.

As it is, he thankfully survived. The police are also saying it wasn't terrorism related.

Plus, the main reason is because there is no video footage of the attack. There is no picture of the attacker after the incident, like with poor Lee Rigby.

People on social media, the tabloids, the news networks all love video 'evidence.'

It really is simply that.

In any case, this incident isn't the top story on many sites, it's the Israeli leader in America that's making the headlines.

My point is you learnt v early on that if you laid your hands on someone you’d better arrest them otherwise it could constitute an assault-but again that’s for the officer.
But a moment of madness from the officer could well see him booted out of the force and in these days of social media you are bound to get caught out.
The police IMO do a great job under severe pressure but its instances like this that will tar the brush of every officer ... unfortunately.

But a moment of madness from the officer could well see him booted out of the force and in these days of social media you are bound to get caught out.
The police IMO do a great job under severe pressure but its instances like this that will tar the brush of every officer ... unfortunately.

Don't the investigative panels take into consideration the context of why he kicked and stamped on him?

If he did indeed see his fellow officer punched in the face (and it was unwarranted as we still don't know what led to it) then that will be a mitigating factor.

Just going off the incomplete video, the police had totally lost control with a highly emotional response to a poorly contained situation.

You don't want or need that with armed response.

If the weapons held by the assaulting officer were live rounds, it's highly likely the 'offender' would be dead as that's, clearly, a trigger happy moment.

Yes, your colleague sustained injury. But your colleague is a colleague who knows the job and its consequences and one shouldn't react as others have mentioned on here because it was a female.

I note the red headed female officer put her hand to her forehead during the melée. She looks overwhelmed, like everything's out of control, so I have no idea if that's the same person.

That should tell you something about the situation if it's not.

The response by the Met just shows it acts like people don't have eyes. We can all see the perp had no threat lay on the floor and could not have 'grabbed a weapon'.

The cops didn't do the job they were paid or [supposedly highly] trained to do. It's that simple.
Wrong police force there pal.
It was GMP who were involved and nothing at all to do with the Met .

I’d have them all day long when I’m travelling through the airport with the wife and two girls, they never see arms until the airport. It doesn’t unnerve them they feel secure. But then again we don’t behave like some who can’t and don’t have respect.

Of course. This incident will run and run over the next few days-it’s red meat to racists and anti police folk alike-and the media relish it.

I don’t see a moment of madness though-the acts were deliberate so it depends on context, what happened before, whether there was a real risk of their firearms being taken-you’d get shot in America for trying that for instance; and there may have been a suggestion the first male had a weapon (I’m only guessing that from his body position) which could justify his actions-his left arm is held under his body-I can’t hear what the police are shouting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.