Altercation at Terminal 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite disconcerting how race plays such a role in people’s views on this. Actually it’s appalling.

Conflating it with the terrible stabbing of a soldier equally disturbing.

Personally I do struggle to see the justification of the force-but firstly I have no real idea of what had happened (and to counter argyle’s post the chap on the floor wasn’t restrained at that point and his left arm is under his body) but moreover it’s for the officer to justify the force he used-nobody else.
I think I read a while ago that you were/are still a police officer?

If so how how can that officer justify kicking and stamping on his head? Maybe he'd run out of pepper spray? : /

I’ve already said what I’m annoyed about.

But the two incidents aren't linked.

The top stories are a lot of the time linked to what people click on. So more people have clicked on this story, again, because of the video footage.

Plus, sometimes the authorities ask the media not to report on certain things, so there could be restrictions in place in case of hampering the investigation.

Nope they can shoot someone who is attempting to take their weapon, I find it interesting that a percentage (small granted) seem to have just jumped to the attackers aid giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Simple, do not attack armed police it might get messy.

If he did indeed try to take the weapon.

I think there are people who are assuming the officer is completely guilty no matter what, just as there are people who are fully on the police's side no matter what.

When we only have a video that starts after he's on the floor, we don't know what happened and how the police handled it.

But the two incidents aren't linked.

The top stories are a lot of the time linked to what people click on. So more people have clicked on this story, again, because of the video footage.

Plus, sometimes the authorities ask the media not to report on certain things, so there could be restrictions in place in case of hampering the investigation.
Ok well let me put it in more simple terms.

The story of one of our soldiers being stabbed in a lee rigby type attack should be all over everything. But it’s not.

What is on the stories is some piece of shit getting his arse handed to him

Do the math.

I think I read a while ago that you were/are still a police officer?

If so how how can that officer justify kicking and stamping on his head? Maybe he'd run out of pepper spray? : /
I retired 3 years ago. I was an inspector for almost two decades.

Firstly pepper/cs sprsy is useless-it goes everywhere and v rarely works.

As I have repeatedly said the officer has to justify the use of force in accordance to law. Now a couple of things-we don’t see the start of it, but from the GMP statement it suggests the offenders may have been actively trying to take the officers’s firearms-which is incredibly serious-and may in the mind of the officer justify his actions.

However, if you watch the video he doesn’t detain him after the kicks he leaves him and goes to the second male. The first male is left on his own albeit briefly. That does put into question what was in the mind of the officer in my opinion.

If he did indeed try to take the weapon.

I think there are people who are assuming the officer is completely guilty no matter what, just as there are people who are fully on the police's side no matter what.

When we only have a video that starts after he's on the floor, we don't know what happened and how the police handled it.

True mate, the basic premise of my stance is how stupid do you have to be to go against armed enforcers. There is little doubt one of them attacked a woman PC though.

The truth will out or more cars will be set on fire, who knows.

True mate, the basic premise of my stance is how stupid do you have to be to go against armed enforcers. There is little doubt one of them attacked a woman PC though.

The truth will out or more cars will be set on fire, who knows.
My car is white. It’s doomed.

disappointed to find this was not about the Rolling Stones new album

Just going off the incomplete video, the police had totally lost control with a highly emotional response to a poorly contained situation.

You don't want or need that with armed response.

If the weapons held by the assaulting officer were live rounds, it's highly likely the 'offender' would be dead as that's, clearly, a trigger happy moment.

Yes, your colleague sustained injury. But your colleague is a colleague who knows the job and its consequences and one shouldn't react as others have mentioned on here because it was a female.

I note the red headed female officer put her hand to her forehead during the melée. She looks overwhelmed, like everything's out of control, so I have no idea if that's the same person.

That should tell you something about the situation if it's not.

The response by the Met just shows it acts like people don't have eyes. We can all see the perp had no threat lay on the floor and could not have 'grabbed a weapon'.

The cops didn't do the job they were paid or [supposedly highly] trained to do. It's that simple.

I retired 3 years ago. I was an inspector for almost two decades.

Firstly pepper/cs sprsy is useless-it goes everywhere and v rarely works.

As I have repeatedly said the officer has to justify the use of force in accordance to law. Now a couple of things-we don’t see the start of it, but from the GMP statement it suggests the offenders may have been actively trying to take the officers’s firearms-which is incredibly serious-and may in the mind of the officer justify his actions.

However, if you watch the video he doesn’t detain him after the kicks he leaves him and goes to the second male. The first male is left on his own albeit briefly. That does put into question what was in the mind of the officer in my opinion.
I think the word I`m looking for is "stupidity" !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.