Altercation at Terminal 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't think breaking someone's nose warrants a life threatening beating.

Also think there are a lot of ways a nose can get broken. If someone swings a punch unprovoked in someone's face then that's extremely scummy behaviour. If the police officer has had her nose broken whilst getting in between two other people fighting (which is entirely possible) then that changes things.

All we know for sure is that it's the police themselves who have the access to the most footage that can be used to get the truth out there. The longer they leave that, the worst they'll start to look.
As Ricky Hatton used to say “It’s not a tickling contest.” If you break a police officer’s nose then don’t expect to be given ten minutes on the naughty step.

The outcome will be defined by what the police say in their interviews. The line about potentially losing their firearms in the GMP quote seems important too.

The optics aren’t great for the police though.

Some will say it’s justified and some won’t. Without full context we can’t fully know either way.
Kicking someone, prone on the floor, in the head can never be justified in any way. And then to stamp on him is unbelievable regardless of what went on before it.

Be lucky if he doesn’t lose his job and end up inside himself.

Kicking someone, prone on the floor, in the head can never be justified in any way. And then to stamp on him is unbelievable regardless of what went on before it.

Be lucky if he doesn’t lose his job and end up inside himself.
I’ll happily start a go fund me for him if that’s the outcome.

Why is it unfortunate that marginalized groups have a moment that can bring their issues to the forefront? Do you think civil rights reforms in America are unfortunate too?

And there has been several 'moments' like this in the past. Steven Laurence and mark duggan come instantly to mind but there has been many others.
Broke my heart when Duggan died.

He didn't deserve to be knocked out himself if the other reports are true.
He could argue he was concussed and dazed when he come round and acted on instinct to subdue the man.
I would say he just lost his head though. But a thorough investigation will sort this out later.

I still don't get why this is any other asian/muslim man's business.
This wasn't a police attack targeted at asians/muslims. It just happened to involve some.
I agree that he very likely was not thinking clearly because of the blows he received. And I am sure that will be taken in to consideration.

Again, he could have done something any of us would have done under similar extreme distress and it still be wrong to do.

Both things can be true at the same time, just like if a person was running away after raping a loved one and we shot them dead, most people would understand why we did it but we would still have to face the consequences of killing the person. And rightly so, as vigilante justice leads to absolute chaos, usually involving a lot of disproportionate or horrific “punishment”, often against innocent people (because all is needed is accusation or association, not verifiable proof).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.