Alvarez replacement thread

A versatle centre-forward is definitely no out of the question, most of the players I and others suggested are versatile, and can play out wide but their best position is the one we need to fill, striker.

Honestly, if you want an attackingt midfielder who can do a job in the false 9 - why sign anyone at all?
Tend to think who will be a striker, first and foremost from the noise. Additional roles a bonus.

David scored 19 Ligue 1 goals last season in 34 games.

Lacazette scored 19 in 29 games in Ligue 1 last season.

I don't know where you are getting "my logic" from also, I never mentioned we should buy a striker, I have mentioned we should buy an attacking player that can play in numerous positions, What's the point buying an out and out striker as he won't get minutes? Which is why we should buy a attacking player that's versatile.

You might have missed it further back in this thread, but some of the discussion is around a tweet by Tolmie, stating the below:

Some of the names are based on this idea. It sounds like a striker, and not somebody amazing. Either somebody young, somebody old, or somebody out of favour, who could be a backup for a season.

Maybe longer term we are after Musiala or someone like that, but maybe we know we'd have to wait a year, so a stopgap.

A versatle centre-forward is definitely no out of the question, most of the players I and others suggested are versatile, and can play out wide but their best position is the one we need to fill, striker.

Honestly, if you want an attackingt midfielder who can do a job in the false 9 - why sign anyone at all?
I never said "attacking midfielder" I said a versatile attacking player who can play anywhere across the front three or play the false 9 role, I said earlier in the window me personally I'd love to see Dani Olmo or Musiala although Musiala would be a big ask getting him away from Bayern.

You keep saying "Why sign anyone at all?", You were the one who said that we should sign a player "willing to sit on the bench for the season" yet you are asking me why bother signing a False 9...It makes zero sense.

The whole point of this conversation was the players you've mentioned, Szmodics, Wright, Hee Chan, Eduoard, Moussa Dembele ect...None of them are anywhere near good enough, Not even good enough to sit on our bench.

No, I suspect he believes Calvert-Lewin to be shite.
He isn’t shite though is he? He is just injury prone.
Also who would give more to our team Phillips or Calvert -Lewin both are struggling.
Lastly we were talking about players that would be happy to come and play very occasionally we know he has his modelling career so perhaps he would sit on the bench

Its nice to go shopping to feel happy , but actually I don't think City needs to buy anyone.

With the addition of Bobbinho & Savinho, that means Foden & Bernardo will stay in the middle

And they can play the false nine role whenever needed.

You might have missed it further back in this thread, but some of the discussion is around a tweet by Tolmie, stating the below:

Some of the names are based on this idea. It sounds like a striker, and not somebody amazing. Either somebody young, somebody old, or somebody out of favour, who could be a backup for a season.

Maybe longer term we are after Musiala or someone like that, but maybe we know we'd have to wait a year, so a stopgap.

I appreciate Tolmie with his posts but he's not always correct, It may well be the case we could be after someone on loan ect, I just hope it's none of the names that have been mentioned for me personally none of which should be brought in, I'd prefer we didn't bring anybody in than some of the names brought up.

I'm not after an argument, I just don't understand the "bringing in a player willing to sit on the bench" he's best off sitting at home if that's the case.

Apologies if it feels like I'm having a go @kun it's not my intention.

We disagree on striker or versatile that's sound it's all good and we move on.

I appreciate Tolmie with his posts but he's not always correct, It may well be the case we could be after someone on loan ect, I just hope it's none of the names that have been mentioned for me personally none of which should be brought in, I'd prefer we didn't bring anybody in than some of the names brought up.

I'm not after an argument, I just don't understand the "bringing in a player willing to sit on the bench" he's best off sitting at home if that's the case.

That's all fair enough mate. I'm just enjoying speculating tbh - even if it's on players I certainly wouldn't want to be regulars for us!

I guess signing a stopgap would be okay with me, provided it is only as a stopgap and it meant that we'd get someone more appropriate to our standing the following season.

We wouldn't know if that was the case for another year though.

I never said "attacking midfielder" I said a versatile attacking player who can play anywhere across the front three or play the false 9 role, I said earlier in the window me personally I'd love to see Dani Olmo or Musiala although Musiala would be a big ask getting him away from Bayern.

You keep saying "Why sign anyone at all?", You were the one who said that we should sign a player "willing to sit on the bench for the season" yet you are asking me why bother signing a False 9...It makes zero sense.

The whole point of this conversation was the players you've mentioned, Szmodics, Wright, Hee Chan, Eduoard, Moussa Dembele ect...None of them are anywhere near good enough, Not even good enough to sit on our bench.
"I didn't say attacking midfielder" *lists 2 attacking midfielders*
And one of them you admit is basically unavailable and the other one just moved to Barcelona!

I say it's pointless signing a false 9 because:
a. there are essentially no players who play a false 9 regularly, and are usually just attacking midfielders who can sometimes play up front
b. we already have an abundance of that kind of player
c. I understand if you don't think they are good enough but I disagree (potentially). They would be punts but they would be low risk punts who could play our cup games, give Haaland a rest in some league games and be an option off the bench.

I don't feel like you're having a go, it's all good. I just think if we want to use the false 9 idea as back-up for Haaland then we may as well just use what we have, but if we want a striker/goalscorer replacement (which Tolmie suggests we do, and I would personally prefer) then there are cheap, low key, low risk players we could sign.

I'm not a scout so my suggestions are just based on what I've seen and read - there's a good chance Txiki and Pep agree with you that none are City's level. I don't know though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.